Options

A walk down the river.. finishing up niceley (Andy style) (7 imgs)

Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
edited December 5, 2004 in Wildlife
Hello Grinning friends,

I was really bummed the last 2 weeks... I got home from work there there is almost no light left to go out shooting :( 2 days ago it bit, I just went out and cranked up the 20D ISO, don't have that thing for nothing, right?
So, I present to you a small walk along the river Maas:
The path leading up to the river:
37043967.jpg
First rule of photography... ALWAYS look back :wink :
37043965.jpg
A small harbour:
37043968.jpg
A view upon a side-passage of the river Maas:
37075940.jpg
An aesthetic sight, taken from a ferry:
37076113.jpg
Cycling home from the river I knew I just HAD to try this, it was nearly dark :D presenting a small church nearby:
37044659.jpg
Like teacher like student.. After a small walk, returning home.. You'll know...
"It's all about the food" © Andy Williams
37075942.jpg
Curry with leak, ham, tomatoes, some onions and garlick, nicely stewing to go along with some rice (Kebab spices on the rice and a bith of Oregano on the stew) Vegetables first lightly backed in hot oil :thumb
So I hope you enjoyed those, and your comments, questions, heck, everything is welcome :D
Thanks for dropping in and have a good weekend!
*In my mind it IS real*
Michiel de Brieder
http://www.digital-eye.nl

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    Michiel..your 1st & last do it for me... without insulting you ,the last has a cook book page look to it & thats what i like, the dust or grain or something.
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    I love the Church, with the interest in Infra Red on the site at the moment, the contrast could make this a good candidate???

The path has a very intriguing DOF half way up the nearest post, which increases the grain of the main frame, It adds to the coldness, mist, lateness of the hour and wirks well
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    Nice to meet you Michiel, welcome...
    Michiel,
    I like all of them. I think it's interesting the way the color saturation lessens as you go back into the picture on the first one. I love the color of the sky with the windmill. I love the mood of the foggy river scene. I like the high contrast of the church shot and the movement of the paving in the foreground. I love the warm light and the appetizing colors of the last shot, makes my mouth water.
    Very nice group of shots. I enjoyed the walk.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    Michiel, I really enjoyed this thread, nice set of photos! I like getting the feel of new places this way. thumb.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    my curry with leeks radar just went off
    michiel,

fun set, thanks for sharing your pics and experience! (and the food, of course!)
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2004
    Humungus,
    Humungus wrote:
    without insulting you ,the last has a cook book page look to it
    Without insulting me??? :D I think it is one of the best compliments I ever got mwink.gif I've got some cook-books and some photos make my mouth water, so if you say it looks like one I'll be as sound as a pound :D
    Thanks man! It's much appreciated!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2004
    Hi Stan!
    Hey, thanks for nice compliments man! I'll go searching for that infrared thread now :D I must confess that it is a normal 20D shot and I was going for B/W with loads of contrast, now that you mention it, it does have a IR feel to it, cool! That's what I like most about such forums, they make you see your own photos in other ways thumb.gif
    Thanks for dropping by!!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2004
    Snapapple, DJ and Andy
    Thanks guys 'n gal mwink.gif you just made my evening!! I will try to do some more of this stuff, as it was cool to be on the verge of a darkening sky while getting photos without a tripod! bowdown.gif 20D Laughing.gif For low-light you gotta love this camera!
    Thanks again for dropping by!
    Enjoy your last hours of sunday :D Mine's just gone
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder