Options

Huntington Gardens

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited August 14, 2006 in Landscapes
I met up with Nikolai and 4 nice people from LA Shooters for some time at Huntington Gardens/Library (we never went in the Library).

I didn't really have many keepers, so it didn't take me long to process... first stop is the Japanese Gardens and this beautiful bridge.

87745589-L.jpg

Then we went to the new, still under construction, Chinese Gardens.

87745587-L.jpg

The water lillies were very nice, though there weren't that many yet.
87745590-L.jpg

This was as close as we got to the library. Nik and his stone-faced lady friend shoot the glass ceiling. :D
87745583-L.jpg

Back outside, the butterflies were hopping around. This one stayed still for just a second, though his head is still a bit blurry... thpt.
87745585-L.jpg

Nik let me borrow a nice ND for some water pictures, but they didn't come out that great. Neither did those from Tom's 10-20... was fun to try, though.

Hope you enjoyed this short visit...
Chris

Comments

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Nice shots, Chris! I especially like the one of Nik shooting with his lady friend! Sorry I didn't make it today, maybe another time. I have been there before a couple of times, but not since acquiring all my good Canon glass. :D So I would have enjoyed shooting with you guys. The skies were really pretty today, so probably would have made a nice backdrop for flower shots and butterflies like yours!
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Hey Chris,
    It was nice to meet you and Nik there.
    Consider joining LA Shooters so you can post to get company when you go out and shoot.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Hey Chris
    ChrisJ wrote:
    I met up with Nikolai and 4 nice people from LA Shooters for some time at Huntington Gardens/Library (we never went in the Library).

That B-fly came out really good! thumb.gif

Have you seen Pat's pics? There is an "LA Shooters" smugmug community, I checked my album in there, so it's easy to find :-)

Cheers! 1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 13, 2006
    I'm sorry I missed this trip but I recently "joined" LA Shooters so I look forward to future photo treks.

Nikko - where is the LA Shooters SM community?
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Angelito,
    Angelo wrote:
    I'm sorry I missed this trip but I recently "joined" LA Shooters so I look forward to future photo treks.
    Cool! clap.gif
    Angelo wrote:
    Nikko - where is the LA Shooters SM community?
    You need to go to your Control Panel, then find community (I could not "find" it per se, so I went alphabetically, "LA Shooters") and "join" it.
    After this you can mark any of your galleries as this community.

Let me know if you need more info on that.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Nice shots, Chris! I especially like the one of Nik shooting with his lady friend! Sorry I didn't make it today, maybe another time. I have been there before a couple of times, but not since acquiring all my good Canon glass. :D So I would have enjoyed shooting with you guys. The skies were really pretty today, so probably would have made a nice backdrop for flower shots and butterflies like yours!

Thanks, Saurora... another time. It's definitely a bit of a trek from OC. The weather was nice, but it was hot! It was all Canon people (except Eddie), so glass swapping is available and encouraged.
    Chris
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2006
    Tee Why wrote:
    Hey Chris,
    It was nice to meet you and Nik there.
    Consider joining LA Shooters so you can post to get company when you go out and shoot.

Thanks Tom. And thanks for the 10-20 loan... though I think I need more practice in using it, I didn't have near enough FOV for the shots I took.

P.S. Sent my request in...
    Chris
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    That B-fly came out really good! thumb.gif

Have you seen Pat's pics? There is an "LA Shooters" smugmug community, I checked my album in there, so it's easy to find :-)

Cheers! 1drink.gif

Thanks, Nik. I was about to check them out.

Angelo (et. al.), direct link to the community is here: http://www.smugmug.com/community/LAShooters
    Chris
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2006
    A few more...

Contemplating the Japanese Garden
    87845388-L.jpg

Bonsai
    87845387-L.jpg

Red & Yellow
    87845390-L.jpg

My view of the Archer
    87845392-L.jpg
    Chris
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Nice bridge compositions. Love the butterfly.

Lee
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    Hey Chris, I'm an LAShooter member and I'm sorry to have missed you guys. Sounds like a good time was had by all. *sigh* Major league dog problems. Antway ... Welcome aboard.

Gary

PS- Anybody want a Wire Hair Fox Terrier?
    G
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed