Options

Does this need changing?

CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited July 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hopefully I am not the only one who thinks this order shipped email needs changing?

THE DELIVERYMAN COMETH
You shopped. We shipped. And your SmugMug prints are on the way!
THE DETAILS
Your order went out today via Airmail Letter to Australia. Your order included 5 items. If you had gift items, they may be shipped and billed separately.
QUESTIONS?
Email us at help@smugmug.com and we'll respond in record time. (Really...try it. We'd love to hear from you.)
Many thanks for entrusting SmugMug with your order,
Chris & Don MacAskill
Owners, Photographers, Regular Guys

Where am I mentioned in this email? My customer orders off me, they know NOTHING about smugmug (which is how I want it) and they get an email confirming the shipment of their order which baffles them because it is from Chris & Don and doesn't even mention the photographer.

Maybe I am a bit picky but this just doesn't seem right. My clients didn't entrust SmugMug with their order - they entrusted the photographer because they don't even know who SmugMug are. This is how I think the order shipment email should read...

THE DELIVERYMAN COMETH
You shopped. We shipped. And your photographic prints are on the way!
THE DETAILS
Your order went out today via Airmail Letter to Australia. Your order included 5 items. If you had gift items, they may be shipped and billed separately.
QUESTIONS?
Email us at help@smugmug.com or cameron@cameronlaird.com and we'll respond in record time. (Really...try it. We'd love to hear from you.)
Many thanks for entrusting us with your order,
Cameron Laird
Photographer

Chris & Don MacAskill
Smugmug

As you can imagine the order confirmation should also change in a similar manner. I think it is wrong that SmugMug forget the photographer when emailing the photographer's clients let alone plastering SmugMug logos all over the order and its packaging without even a hint of the photographer.

Any thoughts?

Comments