Options

Just a trim

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited November 12, 2004 in People
The whole family went for a marathon haircutting session, so I passed the time by taking shots of my 2 boys. No flash, or they would have moved and who knows what would have gotten cut!

John (3) keeps both eyes on the mirror:

11206440-L.jpg

Future blackmail photo, can't wait to show this to the first girl he brings to the house 10+ years from now:

11206441-L.jpg

Free to clown around at last! "Roller Hand" is his favorite game while he waits for his brother to be finished.

11206445-L.jpg

Steve (8) suffers the torture of actually holding still:

11206444-L.jpg

Denise thinks it's funny but Steve isn't so sure:

11206447-L.jpg

I'd love to hear your suggestions and comments!

Comments

• Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2004
    I think they are wonderful shots. I like the slow shutter speed that gives a bit of motion. The first shot could be a Norman Rockwell painting, it has that wonderful quality of catching the emotions of the moment.

At first I thought it mught be helpful to crop the first photo at height of the chair arm, no need to have the shoes. But on reflection, I would leave them as is, as it adds to the sense of how tiny a guy he is on the great big chair.

The focus is a bit soft (I assume from being handheld at a slow shutter speed, but I personally like it here. It adds to the spontaneous feeling that the images evoke.

Just my two cents,
    Regards,
    Brad
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2004
    Thanks for the comments Brad. I thought of cropping the 1st as well, but those little And1 sneaks crack me up, so I left 'em in.

As for the focus, it actually was sharper, but I have been playing with a PS action that cranks saturation and softens the image. It is more for portaits, to even out the complexion but I really like effect on some shots. I used it on all of these.
  • Options
    DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    The whole family went for a marathon haircutting session, so I passed the time by taking shots of my 2 boys. No flash, or they would have moved and who knows what would have gotten cut!

John (3) keeps both eyes on the mirror:

11206440-L.jpg

Future blackmail photo, can't wait to show this to the first girl he brings to the house 10+ years from now:

11206441-L.jpg

Free to clown around at last! "Roller Hand" is his favorite game while he waits for his brother to be finished.

11206445-L.jpg

Steve (8) suffers the torture of actually holding still:

11206444-L.jpg

Denise thinks it's funny but Steve isn't so sure:

11206447-L.jpg

I'd love to hear your suggestions and comments!
    A good case for always having you camera with you. Love this last one with the blur of the hands...great.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    Beautiful boys and beautiful shots!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts