Options

Where I went after Bryce...

DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
edited May 26, 2006 in Landscapes
To TT-West 2006: Durango CO.

Group shot of most of the cars (snapped by a friend)

69 attendees and about 48 TTs!

We went to:

Mesa Verde

CRW_5450s-vi.jpg

and broke up into small groups to tour/play around.

My little group

CRW_5471s-vi.jpg

From left to right: Kurt (chicago), Milos (chicago and my co-pilot for friday/mesa verde), me, Joe and his fiance Donna (california), and John (Oregon). We hit all the easy stuff right off the roadway... and had fun yelling at people across the canyon. Got some REALLY impressive echo's going!

Kurt was our official photographer this year. Heres a couple shots he got of the cars.

The cars (black = Joe & Donna's, Aviator Grey = John w/kurt as co-pilot, blue = me w/milos as co-pilot)

Me and Joe tearing it up around some corners.

10-22 fun with hiking buddy John

CRW_5460s-vi.jpg

John is also an aspiring hobby photographer and I think he's ordered a 10-22 now hehehe!

Saturday had a 8+ hour drive scheduled.. the san juan skyway loop from durango through silverton, telluride and back down through ouray. A small group of us didn't want to drive that much on saturday then turn around and drive that or more on the trip home sunday. Some people slept in or lounged around the hotel. John wanted to see more ruins so I took him to:

Aztec Ruins

CRW_5507s-vi.jpg

where I took this impressive photo of native spirits

CRW_5479s-vi.jpg

The story from the little tour guide book says that when this room was excavated they found it to be a burial room with 10 people buried there. Looks like some of them might still be there :uhoh

all in all a fantastic week. I hated to leave you guys at bryce.. and I really hated that TT-W had to end and everyone had to go back home.
Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 25, 2006
    Well Dani wins the prize for "dgrinner on the Bryce/Zion trip I'm most jealous of"! Great photography followed by cruising in a rather nice vehicle around some of the best roads in the country.

Congratulations, I'll be sending you.... uh... nothing, shortly.
    :D

(more shots of cars in gorgeous locations wouldn't hurt thumb.gif)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Dani,

Looks like a lot of fun. It sounds like it was a great opportunity to combine two trips into one.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited May 26, 2006
    All looks like fun, Dani. What about the bars? You mentioned there would be visits to bars. Any pictures of the visits to bars? mwink.gif:D
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    lol!!! not that I took.... but I can provide links if you want to browse others photos friday.gif
    David_S85 wrote:
    All looks like fun, Dani. What about the bars? You mentioned there would be visits to bars. Any pictures of the visits to bars? mwink.gif:D
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited May 26, 2006
    The Zion folks got rowdy too. If bribed, I can even provide a pic of a shootout attendee getting arrested. My price is fairly high.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky