Options

Amazing Discovery

Zoom RaiderZoom Raider Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
edited May 3, 2006 in Holy Macro
BabylonBrick-1.jpg

BabylonBrick-2.jpg

I know these two brick shots that I took tonight at the Amazing Discoveries seminar look rough, but there were many others that were trying to look at them, so I had to hurry. The majority at the seminar had no cameras, just eyes. A friend of mine and I were the only ones with SLRs, and one guy had the Sony R1. Anyway, the reason why I had to hurry was`cos the archeologist professor was getting ready to take them off the table.

These two bricks are around 2550-2560 years old, (544-554BC). These bricks are proof that Nebakanezer built Babylon, since many believe it wasn’t him, but some other race before his time. I forget exactly what the professor said what the markings spelled out, but it was something like: “I, Nebakanezer, built this great nation of Babylon”.

Sorry that I couldn’t do better. I was in a hurry to get the shots before they were taken away. It might not have been much better even if I had plenty of time,`cos I still don’t know how on Earth to work this D50 and SB600. I hope these pictures are at least found to be interesting for their story and great archeological finding.

Thanks!
http://mostamazingprophecies.com

My Gear
Camera: Nikon D50
Lens: Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC
Flash: Nikon SB600 SpeedLight
Vertical Powergrip: Opteka Platinum Series
Flash Diffuser: Lightsphere II (Clear)

Teleconverter: Quantaray 2x
Lens Filters: 2 SunPak UV 58mm

Card: Lexar Platinum II 512mb/60x
Bag: Canon 200DG

Printer: Canon PIXMA iP6700D

Fisher-Advent Audio

Comments

• Options
    edited April 30, 2006
    And I don't know why one of the pictures is so large when they're both around the same KB's.ne_nau.gif
    It would have been a bit sharper if it were the same size as the other.

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    And I don't know why one of the pictures is so large when they're both around the same KB's. It would have been a bit sharper if it were the same size as the other.
    Where are you linking them from?
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2006
    Where are you linking them from?

Photobucket.
    I haven't tried ImageShack yet, nor any of those others.

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    D LUX 2D LUX 2 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 30, 2006
    Photobucket.
    I haven't tried ImageShack yet, nor any of those others.

image shack is owned by the same people who own photobucket but allows a much larger file size.

image types allowed: jpg jpeg png gif bmp tif tiff swf

maximum image size: 1024 kilobytes
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    I think you did a good job for being in a hurry
    Would love to see them in person very interesting

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    I think you did fine job in hurry

i never heard Nebakanezer Babylon can you give link to some insight ?? have great intrest for these things
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2006

i never heard Nebakanezer Babylon can you give link to some insight ?? have great intrest for these things

Thank you, Awais!

Well, Nebakanezer is not a city in Babylon. Babylon was a city of its own, it was actually a kingdom. Nebakanezer was king of Babylon over 500 years BC. I'll try to find you a link about him and Babylon as soon as I can, but I can't stay in here too long, for I've noticed that everytime hackers scope my computer, it causes it to where I cannot get back into Dgrin for 1 - 3 hours.

It's weird, but this is the only site that's inpossible to get into after the hackers make their drive-by. I can get into any other site except this one when one tries to get into my computer, and it's very upsetting!umph.gif

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2006
    USAIR wrote:
    I think you did a good job for being in a hurry
    Would love to see them in person very interesting

Thanks
    Fred

Thank you, Air!

I try the best I know with this tiny experience I have developed over the few weeks with this D50. I have seen very many great pictures in here. One day, mine will be good. I just need to have more time, but all I seem to do is work, eat and sleep the past couple years.headscratch.gif

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2006
    I just now noticed I've spelled his name wrong. I was spelling it as it sounds. This is how his name is really spelled... Nebuchadnezzar. Sorry, Awais... about the earlier misspelling of his name.

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2006

Well, Awais… I can’t find any updated links yet about Nebuchadnezzar and his kingdom of Babylon. All I know is from studying Biblical history and what Christian archeologist have discovered, is that Babylon was 54 miles south of Baghdad. Babylon only exists as ruins and as history.

Some other rulers after Nebuchadnezzar tried to rebuild Babylon, like the Greek king Alexander the Great, and recently… Saddam Hussein, but no ruler since Nebuchadnezzar succeeded in rebuilding Babylon and no one ever will be able to. Some may think it’s a curse, but it’s`cos the Bible said that Babylon will never rise again. Way before Babylon fell, the Bible said it would fall and never rise again.

The Babylonians ruled their kingdom for about 66 years… 605-539BC. Babylon founded after the Great Flood as the center of the kingdom of Nimrod, and Scholars believe that Babylon was the site for the Tower of Babel. Babylon had a 20 year food supply and the Euphrates River ran through the center of Babylon, providing a constant water supply.

Their walls were 200 feet high and their outer walls were 24-26 feet thick and the inner city was surrounded by walls that were 12-22 feet wide. There were eight gates. The most famous one of the eight was the Ishtar gate. Winged lions adorned the walls of Procession Way, which lead to the Ishtar gate. Daniel 7:4 uses the winged lion as a symbol of Babylon.

In those days, everyone thought Babylon to be a great nation, not just`cos it was powerful, but also`cos of its size. The circumference of Babylon was 10 miles in circumference. That was big for a kingdom to people in those days. Now days, a 10 mile circumference could be a large estate-neighborhood. The kingdom of Nineveh was smaller… 7.5 miles in circumference. The Roman empire… 6 miles, and Athens was just 4 miles.

At the new year festivals, the golden statue of the great Babylonian god (Bel-Marduk) was carried along Procession Way to the temple. Babylonians had over 200 temples. The Ziggurat temple dedicated to the chief god Bel-Marduk, was made of 58 million bricks. Inside was the golden statue of Bel-Marduk, weighing 800 talents (4000 pounds).

The rock-record reveals that Nebuchadnezzar was the one who built Babylon, just like the Bible said he was the one who built it. His name was recorded on each brick in Procession Way. In a letter that was recently discovered, engraved in stone from ancient Babylon, Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

“I caused a mighty wall to circumscribe Babylon in the east. I dug its moats and encampments. I built out of bitumen and kiln brick. At the end of the moat, I built a parapet wall as high as a hill. I gave it wide gates and set it in doors of cedar and sheathed with copper”. signed, Nebuchadnezzar”.

The prophet Isaiah calls Nebuchadnezzar “The terrible of the nations” and “The hammer of the whole Earth”. Found in Isaiah 14: 16-17. Two more tablets engraved with Nebuchadnezzar’s inscriptions read: “I have made Babylon the holy city, the glory of the great gods, more prominent than before, and I have promoted it”. And: “Oh, Babylon, the delight of my eyes, the excellency of the kingdoms, may it last forever”. signed, Nebuchadnezzar”.

In gratitude of the Babylonian gods, Nebuchadnezzar built no fewer than 53 temples, 955 sanctuaries and 384 altars. The Bible is verified through these discoveries in Babylon. It confirms that Nebuchadnezzar as the great builder of Babylon. For many decades, scholars believed that Semeramis built it, but all the while, the Bible declared that Nebuchadnezzar was the builder, (Daniel 4:30). One of the Seven Wonders of the World was Babylon’s hanging gardens, which Nebuchadnezzar built for his Median queen.

Nebuchadnezzar attacked Jerusalem in 605BC. The Babylonian chronicle is a clay tablet which records accurately in the rock-records of Babylon and this attack. Babylon was known for its astrologers, magicians and sorcerers. Their predictions repeatedly failed, but the Word of God has stood strong through the centuries.

Daniel 2 records a dream given to Nebuchadnezzar by God, revealing the accurate 2500 year history of the world. God described future world history in the imagery of a great statue being made up of 4 materials. Its head made of gold, its chest and arms made of silver, belly and thighs made of bronze and its lower legs made of iron. The Baylonian empire was pictured as the head being made of gold.

Nebuchadnezzar rejected God’s description of history, so he built his own image… the statue of entire gold,`cos he desired Babylon to last forever. If you remember what Nebuchadnezzar said above: “Oh, Babylon, the delight of my eyes, the excellency of the kingdoms, may it last forever”. But God’s Word reveals different plans.

I hope this helped. This is all I know so far about ancient Babylon and its king, and since I can’t find any updated links about it.

-ZR-

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2006
    Thanks it was an intresting read
    Also in Iraq. Iraqi Muslims deceived Muhammad PBUH's grand son and martyred him at Karbala
    thats why Shia Muslims beat themselves on that day "10th muharam"

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    Check out the book of Revelation. Babylon will rise again it is all in there. It will fall shortly after being raised, but it will be raised again.
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2006
    Thanks it was an intresting read
    Also in Iraq. Iraqi Muslims deceived Muhammad PBUH's grand son and martyred him at Karbala
    thats why Shia Muslims beat themselves on that day "10th muharam"

You're welcome!:):

And, I didn't know those things about the Iraqis and the others. So much hate and fighting.:cry

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2006
    fire1035 wrote:
    Check out the book of Revelation. Babylon will rise again it is all in there. It will fall shortly after being raised, but it will be raised again.

You’re right about the Babylon in Revelation… that it’s going to be rebuilt one final time in these last days and be destroyed about as fast as it gets rebuilt again. However, Babylon isn’t going to be rebuilt in the sense that many believe. The Book of Revelation is mostly symbolic, and the reference to Babylon in these last days is not a “Literal Babylon” rebuilt. This modern day Babylon in Revelation that will emerge in these last days refers to a “Spiritual Babylon”, and it will definitely be destroyed once again just like “Literal Babylon” was long ago.

Babylon in its original meaning is “confusion”. There will be a lot of religious confusion just before the end of the world - such as many churches teaching things that are not in the Bible, bringing about much confusion. So, it will be a “Spiritual Babylon” that will come, teaching perverse things about the Bible. God said: “If you want to follow Baal, then follow him. If you want to follow Me, then follow Me”.

I enjoy the Bible, history and artifacts. This is one reason why I have this camera. Now if only I could travel.clap.gif

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2006
    Babylon is called Babul here

Gardens of babul and heavens made by somone i heard only these 2 things here will find details and share with you

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2006
    Babylon is called Babul here

Gardens of babul and heavens made by somone i heard only these 2 things here will find details and share with you

Wow, very interesting. I'm interested in both religion and languages. I wish to learn Scottish, along with many other languages. What is your nationality and religion?

I'm American with a bloodline of German, Cherokee, English and Celtic. Well, the English may have been Celtic at one time in the middle-ages, too. As for religion, I'm a Christian.

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2006
    I am Pakistani Muslim 21 year old
    I dont belive in shia or sunni or whabist just try to follow Quran and Sunnah
    Living in Pakistan's capital Islamabad language i speak is Urdu and Punjabi my home town is Faislabad city in Punjab

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    I am Pakistani Muslim 21 year old
    I dont belive in shia or sunni or whabist just try to follow Quran and Sunnah
    Living in Pakistan's capital Islamabad language i speak is Urdu and Punjabi my home town is Faislabad city in Punjab

Cool!

So many languages in the world. I've never heard shia, sunni or whabist. I've heard of the Quaran, but not the Sunnah. I've never heard of the Urdu or Punjabi languages either.

I speak mostly English. I use to speak Spanish (Cuban version) when I was a kid, but now I probably can speak about 2 or 3% Spanish.rolleyes1.gif

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    Would you bet your life on it? I'm not going to get into a religious discussion here as this is not the place for it. Plenty of other forums for that! I will just say that everything else in the New Testament is literal. Why would JOhn change to symbolism just for the last book? I believe like Revelation is a literal foretelling of the times to come (and I'm a raging Catholic! The Church doesn't believe in rapture, I guess I'm just one of those free thinking Catholicseek7.gif ).

Mostly Scottish and Irish decent here. MacLeod for a surname, from the Isle of Skye in the highlands of Scotland. 800 years in the same castle! Mix in some Breens, Linehans, and Riordans from Ireland and you have my make up. I took 4 years of German in High School and can barely speak a word fo it. I still think in German sometimes. I would like to learn a couple of other languages specifically Scottish gaelic, and Italian. Just have to find the time. Irish gaelic is also an interesting language, very similar to the Scots gaelic but a few differences that make it unique. Be careful using the term Celtic though. Celtic is a very broad term applied to an entire race of people that ranged from Spain and Germany all the way up into the highlands and islands. What a great world we live iin though where we can talk to people a half a world away and learn abotu their lives and cultures.clap.gif

Attached is a picture of Dunvegan Castle from the gun court. It isn't very good but the weather was terrible the day we were there this time. Maybe next time we go it will be better. Dunvegan has been the home of my family's Clan Chief for over 800 years. Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    fire1035 wrote:
    Would you bet your life on it? I'm not going to get into a religious discussion here as this is not the place for it. Plenty of other forums for that! I will just say that everything else in the New Testament is literal. Why would JOhn change to symbolism just for the last book? I believe like Revelation is a literal foretelling of the times to come (and I'm a raging Catholic! The Church doesn't believe in rapture, I guess I'm just one of those free thinking Catholicseek7.gif ).

Mostly Scottish and Irish decent here. MacLeod for a surname, from the Isle of Skye in the highlands of Scotland. 800 years in the same castle! Mix in some Breens, Linehans, and Riordans from Ireland and you have my make up. I took 4 years of German in High School and can barely speak a word fo it. I still think in German sometimes. I would like to learn a couple of other languages specifically Scottish gaelic, and Italian. Just have to find the time. Irish gaelic is also an interesting language, very similar to the Scots gaelic but a few differences that make it unique. Be careful using the term Celtic though. Celtic is a very broad term applied to an entire race of people that ranged from Spain and Germany all the way up into the highlands and islands. What a great world we live iin though where we can talk to people a half a world away and learn abotu their lives and cultures.clap.gif

Attached is a picture of Dunvegan Castle from the gun court. It isn't very good but the weather was terrible the day we were there this time. Maybe next time we go it will be better. Dunvegan has been the home of my family's Clan Chief for over 800 years. Enjoy!

attachment.php?attachmentid=12403&stc=1&d=1146661312

Nice castle. Wish I could have one built in a remote area in my town. Did that castle have winodws back in the days? And no, this isn't a place for religious stuff. Just trying to explain Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar to Awais, and what I believe about modern-day Babylon in Revelation, is all. Many believe the US is slowly becoming the literal modern-day Babylon, but nah, I don't believe it.

I don't believe in the rapture either. The only person I recall being raptured was Blondie back in 1983, but she was taken by aliens that ate up bars and ate up cars and then it started to eat guitars. Oh wait, I don't believe in aliens or UFOs either.rolleyes1.gif Well, have fun the next time you go to that castle.

Thanks, Fire!

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    Yeah a lot of people belive the US is important enough to be talked about in the Bible. I think that is a bit conceited myself. We are a great nation but we're just a baby as far as the world goes. The times they are a changin' I believe in the rapture but I am just patiently waiting to see what happens. I guess that's why it's called faith. I do think the world has some very interesting times ahead of it, fortunately I won't be here for those times. God willing of course.

Anyway onto the castle. Dunvegan has sat on that rock for around 800 years, and they believe there was some fortification on the site up to 1000 years ago. It has had windows for quite some time but one can imagine that they did not have glass in them, just tapestries to keep out the cold and the wet. It started out as a wooden fort in the time of Leod (Son of Olaf the Black the last of the Norse kings of the Isle of Mann). Then has been steadily upgraded and new buildings added over it's history by the various Chiefs of the Clan MacLeod. Currently John MacLeod of MacLeod the 29th chief resides at Dunvegan. The lower two floors are open to the public to visit, the top floor is Chief John's private residence. There is a lot of history to this great home that I cannot relate here as it would take forever. You can take a virtual tour of the castle at www.dunvegancastle.com I also have a book that goes through the entire building process of the castle which I think you can buy through the shop portion of the website. It is a fun little read if you are into that sort of thing. Enjoy!