Options

My last weekend at Lago Maggiore

marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
edited March 15, 2006 in Landscapes
Last weekend, we travelled again to one of our favorite spots on this earth, the Lago Maggiore, on the border of Switzerland and Italy. We only got to stay there for three days, but in the way the Italians seem to enjoy every minute of the day, it seemed much longer.

We were just in time to visit the Carnevale di Angera, which (like in other towns around the Lago) is a week later than in the rest of Italy. The parade wasn't very large, but everybody was having good fun. And after a grey winter in my country, it's good to see some color again!

59691189-M.jpg

In the first two days, the weather was pretty fine, a bit of an overcast, but the sun broke through enough to make it pleasant to be outside.

59691195-M.jpg

And seeing that, I couldn't help myself but take two postcard shots of Angera and Arona, two towns opposite of each other at the Lake.

Arona:
59691225-M.jpg

Angera:
59691246-M.jpg

And on the last day, the weather was excellent. We went to visit the Missoni Home factory outlet in the hills at the bottom of the Lago Maggiore, and ended up with this beautiful scenery (trying to make a panorama of handheld shots isn't all that easy...):

59691281-L.jpg

Being back in the Netherlands and working up these images to share with you made me feel homesick for Italy again. I know I'll return soon.
enjoy being here while getting there

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    Great series mate. How was the local grappa ? 1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    Don't get me started on the grappa. I got to taste a very special one (tried to remember the name, but as it goes with grappa, after a while, you forget). It was nice. Very nice. But the next morning I had trouble getting out of bed?
  • Options
    HighlanderHighlander Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    Lovely set of shots and a beautiful spot :):
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2006
    Thanks, highlander. Indeed the Lago Maggiore is a lovely place. It's one of the reasons that we try to visit my brother, we lives there, as often as possible...
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    Great series, that second one has really great light!

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2006
    Thanks Ian, I really like the second one myself as well. The main reason is because I tried to turn a downside (limited dynamic range on a digital sensor) into an upside (exaggerate the limitations by exposing for a very bright area), which made this image turn this way. In reality, it didn't look like this at all, only when you looked through your eyelashed. I love shooting into the light, and seeing what comes of that.