Options

Dgrin 35% Discount on "Photoshop Masking & Compositing"

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited December 19, 2006 in Finishing School
New flash. If anyone is interested in buying Katrin Eismann's book called Photoshop Masking & Compositing, they have set up a special discount direct from the publisher for her book. It's 35% off with free U.S. shipping.

Just go to http://www.peachpit.com/masking, order the book and then enter the coupon code PSU-EE-MRK3 on the checkout page. You should receive 35% off the normal $54.99 price and be offered free shipping.

Please ignore the 10% off price label on the page. I've been assured by the publisher that when you enter the coupon code on the checkout page, you will be offered a 35% discount.

This discount came about because I contacted Katrin Eismann (the author of the book) to ask for permission to do a reading group here on Dgrin about the book. Katrin not only granted us permission, but also set up this discount for anyone here who wants to get the book. I highly recommend the book for folks who want to learn more about Photoshop masking, layers and configuration. We'll get the reading group going here soon and hopefully we'll find enough volunteers to go through the book chapter by chapter here. More on the reading group soon, but I wanted to immediately pass on the special discount info.

EDIT: the 35% discount appears to apply to anything you buy form the peachpit site when using the coupon code. So, you can buy other books also and get the same discount.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    Good deal, however link had a small typo, the .com was missing.

Here is the correct link: http://www.peachpit.com/masking

XO, (who ordered this book)
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2006
    Fixed it
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Good deal, however link had a small typo, the .com was missing.

Here is the correct link: http://www.peachpit.com/masking

XO, (who ordered this book)
    Thanks for pointing this out. I fixed the original posting too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    WTG, John!

I met with Katrin at PMA in Orlando just a few days ago - she's really excited that we're doing this reading group, and she promises to contribute and help as much as she's able to.

clap.gif
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    Thanks John!

I just ordered my copy thumb.gif
  • Options
    RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    Excellent. I've been thinking of buying this book for a long time. I have one of Katrin's other books (Photoshop Restoration) that I really enjoyed. I'll surf on over there and buy the book now. Looking forward to the reading group and hope I have enough time to participate.

Thanks a lot John and Katrin! clap.gifclap
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    Well, if Cletus is, then I am too. I figure if that boy sees something he can learn from it, by golly I most definitely will.

I second the thanks to John, for setting this up, and to Katrina for the discount.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    I just ordered a copy and they also give you a 35% off coupon for your next purchase. :D
  • Options
    StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    I ordered the book on Monday and received it TODAY - TUESDAY!!!!
    Now that's service.
    Hope I can keep up with the group. I'm a little slow with PS, but willing to learn.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    FYI the discount code is good on other books from the same site. I also bought Kelby's channels book...

thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2006
    Discount on everything
    Andy wrote:
    FYI the discount code is good on other books from the same site. I also bought Kelby's channels book...

thumb.gif
    That's cool that the discount applies to everything you buy! I wish I'd known that myself. My copy of Kelby's channels book arrived from Amazon a few days ago.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    That's cool that the discount applies to everything you buy!

Does peachpit sell cars??? :D
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    cletus wrote:
    Does peachpit sell cars??? :D

Or lenses????
  • Options
    chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:

thumb.gif
    Andy, I was eyeing that book heavily.
    What do you think of it?
    Is it worth the purchase?
    ---
    Chris
    Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • Options
    badtzbadtz Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    good timing
    I was just thinking about getting a book to help me expand my (at this point) meager 'advanced' CS2 knowledge, this looks like it will fit the bill. I have the LAB book, and am finding I am getting lost past ch 6 as Dan delves into more advanced topics. Are there any other recommended books for someone like myself who can do the basics (basic color adjustment, curves, sharpening, simple layers) but who wants to learn more without bleeding from the eyes and ears? Im perfectly happy to spend a hundred bucks or 2 if the end result makes me happier with my time spent with cs2 (and in the future cs3).

Thanks.