edited November 25, 2009 in Finishing School
Discuss this tutorial here.
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• Options
    Hans RudolfHans Rudolf Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 24, 2009
    I have looked at the section in your tutorial where you colour correct the baby's face. I am puzzled by the instruction "Set a curve adjustment layer and fill the layermask with black"
    The default colour with adjustment layers and layermask colours is white (CS3)
    How on earth can I change the layer mask from white to black? I tried all sorts of ways, and all are equally unsucessful. Ta Hans
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    I have looked at the section in your tutorial where you colour correct the baby's face. I am puzzled by the instruction "Set a curve adjustment layer and fill the layermask with black"
    The default colour with adjustment layers and layermask colours is white (CS3)
    How on earth can I change the layer mask from white to black? I tried all sorts of ways, and all are equally unsucessful. Ta Hans

Set your colors so that black is the foreground color, then hit opt-delete on a Mac (I assume it's alt-delete on a PC) and it will fill the mask with the foreground color.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Target the layer mask in the layers palette, then cmd/ctrl-I (invert)...

or

Target the layer in question, go to the channel palette, target the layer mask channel and then invert (as layer masks are simply special channels that are "bound" to the current active layer).

Sincerely,

Stephen Marsh

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx

http://prepression.blogspot.com