Options

Very Foggy AM, more 1/23/2006 by ginger 6 imgs

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited January 26, 2006 in Landscapes
53927821-L.jpg

Most of these photos are full frame. The one above is from the bridge, the first place I shot from when I arrived at Shem Creek. There was very little to see, but I did take a few shots before moving on down.
I was experimenting to see if I should over expose, or expose right on, this was all new to me, including being out in the fog, smile. Was nice! Took photos of my "for sale" lenses a bit, too. Oh, these, the wide angles and above is one. That is a "for sale" lens, just getting a lens with a few more stops, in same range, love this lens here.

I also used my 70-200 here, in the fog, it is also for sale. I am not going down to list the Exif on everything. The site where I put the photos up is at http://gingerSnap.smugmug.com/gallery/1147901/1/53674589 , you could get the exifs there. Those two lenses are for sale. I will get that info up "shortly". On the 70-200, same deal, this is an f4, I am going for f2.8. I didn't used to love it, though others did. I am using it more and more. That extra stop might help me. I am a bit eccentric. Don't use my flash often and never have a tripod with me, nor my monopod, when I need them. So I really think I might profit by those stops, but the money.........

53938433-L.jpg

All of these are in full color, it might not look that way, but they are, it is the fog turning most things to black and white.

53938436-M.jpg

53938435-L.jpg

Below: see the shrimp boats looming in the background?

53938451-L.jpg

The Marsh is affected by the colors of the fog

53938432-L.jpg

53938438-M.jpg

A Great Blue Heron still fishes from the marsh to the creek:

53938452-L.jpg

To be continued.............
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    The fog burns off
    The sun is trying to come through the moist foggy air.

53938449-M.jpg

53938450-L.jpg

The Birds come out:

53938440-L.jpg

53675597-L.jpg

As does a brave boater

53938453-L.jpg

The colors come back, as do the shrimp boats at the mouth of the harbor

53675619-L.jpg

I move on, leaving this ..............

The marsh, the creek and the smell of sea

53938431-L.jpg

The day stayed grey, the rains came down. All that brought glorious warm sun today! Tuesday.

ginger

Thanks for looking. Visit my site for info on the lenses, plus any photos I might have left out.

Comments are welcome, of course! No underwater shots, yet. I think that is funny. If I were to fall off of that pier, they would close it to EVERYONE, and that would be a shame!
  • Options
    livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    ginger, i really like the entire series. the one with the shrimp boats barely visible in the fog i think is my favorite. i like the fog, though i have the same trepidation you do about shooting in it. but the results are so worth it. thank you!
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Looks like summer along the coast
    I shoot in the fog -- or I wouldn't be able to shoot at all the entire summer. Amazing how the light looks the same out here on the west coast. That heavy blue/gray light just sits there. Your's lifted at least! :):

Very nice series, I enjoyed seeing all the different photos Ginger.
  • Options
    eye-maxeye-max Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    A very nice series Ginger. #5 really does it for me. It's the background thumb.gif the foreground holds its own too, but the misty background nails it for me.
    max
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Just gorgeous. Along with the one you posted yesterday that I love best of all. Bravo!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    junglejimjunglejim Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    I think I like the fishing boat with the ?seagull? flying off the back of the fishing boat. I specially like foggy silhouettes with some black.

I am in the central valley and we have winter fog. no boats lots of oak trees but no boats. That is my favorite time to go out. I really enjoyed seeing what you can do at the ocean.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Thank you Laurie, Max, Gina, Jim and Dee!

ginger
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 24, 2006
    very nice series, ginger-

george
  • Options
    germaine_sbagermaine_sba Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2006
    thumb.gif I vote for the one with the bicycle on the dock and the ghost boats in the background. Neat series. Thanks for sharing.
    Lord, keep my words sweet. Someday, I may have to eat them.
    http://www.germaine.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2006
    Thanks, George and Germaine!

I enjoyed taking those photos! First fog photos, ever!

ginger
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2006
    Hi Ginger,

I've been away for a 4 day weekend. Came back Monday. This is the first moment I've had to visit dgrin. I love these shots. I especially like #7, the one with the reflection of the full mast of the boat in the water and the little bright spot of sun trying to come out. The wide angle lens makes this shot work. Looks like you made the best of that foggy morning. Fog rules!thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2006
    Yes, Snappy, I agree that fog does indeed rule! I have not seen another morning since, here, look foggy like that.

And my list of subjects for fog is pretty low???

I redid all the fog shots adding contrast with curves and sometimes doing a few other things to get more contrast.

I am glad you are back and looking. Glad you stopped by, thanks for commenting.

ginger
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2006
    I vote for the one with the bicycle on the dock and the ghost boats in the background.
    Me too, but the bike looks a bit sad without its front wheel!

53938451-L.jpg
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2006
    curse you and your beautiful fog Gingerumph.gif

i want some.:cry

hows about you send some over to the Kansas area from all those Bays you guys got.mwink.gif

beautiful shots thumb.gif

Daniel
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com