AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited April 2, 2013 in Cameras

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited January 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Troublemaker. :thwak

We had a guy in grade school that started fights like this. He spent most of his youth sitting in a chair in the principal's office waiting for his parents to come pick him up.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    Troublemaker. :thwak

We had a guy in grade school that started fights like this. He spent most of his youth sitting in a chair in the principal's office waiting for his parents to come pick him up.

Why? Everyone knows Canon is superior. Don't they? lol3.gif
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    lol. gotta agree with ya there Andythumb.gif just wish i had a 1Ds MkII to show offiloveyou.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    The "Good Guys" wear white. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006

Harry is OLD, shoots NIKON, and hasn't had a decent Bagel in 2 years. I'm not worried lol3.gif
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006

Andy wrote:
    Harry is OLD, shoots NIKON, and hasn't had a decent Bagel in 2 years. I'm not worried lol3.gif

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

....UGH....the "good guys" shoot white. :uhoh

Canon-Super-Telephoto-L-Lenses.jpg

blbl.gif :lol4
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006

I think that was the slogan for the KKK.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Updated.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Child's play. Poor Andy doesn't a chance. When the contest is between the young and talented and the old and wily the old and wily wins every time.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006

And we have IS on big lenses rolleyes1.gifrofl
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Rohirrim wrote:
    And we have IS on big lenses rolleyes1.gifrofl

That's about as useful as wheels on a canoe.
    Harry
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 17, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    That's about as useful as wheels on a canoe.
    although you have to admit, an amphibious canoe would be cool!

I just have one comment, to all those DanielB's of the world, who hold the 1DsMkII up on a pedastal: I'll venture to guess you've never held a 1D- (s, mkII, all the same)? Hold one, and then hold a D2-, you may end doing the same thing I just did.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:

I just have one comment, to all those DanielB's of the world, who hold the 1DsMkII up on a pedastal: I'll venture to guess you've never held a 1D- (s, mkII, all the same)? Hold one, and then hold a D2-, you may end doing the same thing I just did.

Yeah, a 1D's a brick and a half...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yeah, a 1D's a brick and a half...

You know what? It feels great - balances fine. Doc's a pansy, can't even hold a 55-ounce camera lol3.gif wah wah wah it's too heavy I'll switch to Nikon. I toldya...

30262560-L.gif

lol3.gif

:hide
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:

rolleyes1.gif i've become an adjective now?

actually i HAVE held a 1 series, 1D mkII N i believe... and yes, it was a brick. can't say i've touched a nikon though, only held the D70, D200, and D50 on the nikon side....thumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer

• Options
    JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    Nice thread so far, but not nearly enough gratuitous name calling.

So let me throw it down.

Canon is clearly superior. for the following reasons,

Canon has made Cameras longer than Nikon. Therefore they have more experience. Longer experience makes for better quality. That's why the future of photography lies not with digital, nor film. No my friend, daguerrotypes are the coming thing.

While Canon made cameras for hapy japanese tourists, Nikon made artillary rangefinders to blow up unhappy US marines. Bad Nikon!

Why does Nikon think the same motor that is appropriate for a 24mm lens is appropriate for a 400mm lens- Nikon telephoto is teh sux0rz!

USM, baby. USM. USM

Canon has sleek, yet discrete, red lines around the end of its expensive lenses, whereas in order to attract attention, Nikon users have to compensate by being more obnoxious. Fortunately, this is not difficult for them.

Canon is far less noisy than Nikon at high ISOs. The same is true of Canon shooters vs. Nikon shooters (see above post). Canon is to Nikon as James Earl Jones is to Eddie Griffin.

Nikon users are really just closeted Leica snobs with less cashmwink.gif.

The vaunted 200D is just the latest example of "catch-up" Two steps behind suckah! Great time to one up the 20D (as if!) when the 5d came out like AGES ago. That's soooo 2005.

Nikon users are well known for zoophilia. I'm just sayin'!
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited January 17, 2006
    Justiceiro, what a well put together argument! :D And very convincing. Couldn't have said it better myself. :nah

Though, I'm not one to take sides in this debate. :uhoh

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Justiceiro wrote:

So let me throw it down.

Canon has made Cameras longer than Nikon. Therefore they have more experience. Longer experience makes for better quality. That's why the future of photography lies not with digital, nor film. No my friend, daguerrotypes are the coming thing.

While Canon made cameras for hapy japanese tourists, Nikon made artillary rangefinders to blow up unhappy US marines. Bad Nikon!

Why does Nikon think the same motor that is appropriate for a 24mm lens is appropriate for a 400mm lens- Nikon telephoto is teh sux0rz!

USM, baby. USM. USM

Canon has sleek, yet discrete, red lines around the end of its expensive lenses, whereas in order to attract attention, Nikon users have to compensate by being more obnoxious. Fortunately, this is not difficult for them.

Canon is far less noisy than Nikon at high ISOs. The same is true of Canon shooters vs. Nikon shooters (see above post). Canon is to Nikon as James Earl Jones is to Eddie Griffin.

The vaunted 200D is just the latest example of "catch-up" Two steps behind suckah! Great time to one up the 20D (as if!) when the 5d came out like AGES ago. That's soooo 2005.

lol3.giflol3.giflol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif

Nikon = :crazy
    Canon = :cool

Bravo!clap.gif
    Daniel Bauer

• Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Justiceiro wrote:

So let me throw it down.

USM, baby. USM. USM

Canon does have the edge on noise. It just trails in focusing, details, sharpness, color rendition, flash, ergonomics, and body build. Also Nikon users are much more amiable than Canon users. Black is beautiful!
    Harry
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Canon does have the edge on noise. It just trails in focusing, details, sharpness, color rendition, flash, ergonomics, and body build. Also Nikon users are much more amiable than Canon users. Black is beautiful!

:haha :harry
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Agreed.

So Canon can make a better sensor. Um, by the way, up until recently, wasn't the sensor made by someone else anyway? Hmmmm?

How many of you always advise people on - "DSLR is all about glass, get good glass" or "pick what glass you want"... right, so how many high-end Canon microscopes have you seen? Oh right, none.
    Erik

• Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    ... right, so how many high-end Canon microscopes have you seen? Oh right, none.

coo-coo. coo-coo :crazy
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    :haha :harry

:booze :andy :crazy
    Harry
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Harry:

Just like a Nikon user to concentrate on petty concerns like "focusing, details, sharpness, color rendition, flash, ergonomics, and body build." Please, everyone know digital photography is all about the megapixels. More = better.

Dr. IT- Who takes photos with a microscope?
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    coo-coo. coo-coo :crazy
    What? I don't get it? You've used a Canon microscope? or even a Canon scope objective? Cuz after Zeiss, most of the best pieces of micro glass are Nikkor. 99% of UMass labs say so. Just saying, Nikon vs Canon lenses (USM, IS, motors, etc) is one thing. But even as a long time Canon shooter, I've kind of known Nikkor glass trumps Canon.
    Erik

• Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Are you serious?

http://www.microscopyu.com/smallworld/gallery/
    Erik

• Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    What Doc says:
    DoctorIt wrote:
    What? I don't get it? You've used a Canon microscope? or even a Canon scope objective? Cuz after Zeiss, most of the best pieces of micro glass are Nikkor. 99% of UMass labs say so. Just saying, Nikon vs Canon lenses (USM, IS, motors, etc) is one thing. But even as a long time Canon shooter, I've kind of known Nikkor glass trumps Canon.

What I hear:
    DoctorIt wrote:
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    come on Dr. It.

52868658-M.jpg

You know its true.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    so how many high-end Canon microscopes have you seen? Oh right, none.

I don't need a Canon Microscope.

(clicky the picky for a 100% crop)

29564020-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2006
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Harry:

Just like a Nikon user to concentrate on petty concerns like "focusing, details, sharpness, color rendition, flash, ergonomics, and body build." Please, everyone know digital photography is all about the megapixels. More = better.

You got me there. We all need more pixels. Pixels are the the key to happiness.
    Harry