Options

Seagulls at Jones Beach on a mild winter day

nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
edited January 10, 2006 in Wildlife
Hello All,

At the beach with my wife ( and D60 ) feeding the seagulls.

I miss my S9000 still pending repair. The D60s CMOS likes to burnout highlights.
And the D60's 6MP does not let me crop as effectively as my S9000's 9MP.

But either with either camera time goes by and I like trying to capture some of it as it goes by.

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/1112162/1/51757829

Regards, Nicholas

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006

I miss my S9000 still pending repair. The D60s CMOS likes to burnout highlights.

And the D60's 6MP does not let me crop as effectively as my S9000's 9MP.

But either with either camera time goes by and I like trying to capture some of it as it goes by.

Work with the tools you have. Take the opportunity to compose better, or wait for the subjects to be closer, or use a longer FL if you have it.. BTW in lighting like that, with a white subject, negative EC is definitely called for.. give it a try at -1/3, possibly -2/3s next time :D Oh shooting in RAW would help, you could recover those highlights, I bet mwink.gif

I was able to recover mostly from just jpg using PS CS2 shadow/highlight tool on a small screen grab of your gull.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2006
    Sorry here's the orig:
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Sorry here's the orig:
    ck your email I am sending you a group of please save me shots rolleyes1.gif:Drolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2006
    jwear wrote:
    ck your email I am sending you a group of please save me shots rolleyes1.gif:Drolleyes1.gif

Being there, and shooting, and using our tools is about 2/3s of the job, most of the time. The other 1/3 is very important and needs to be learned, and used, else we have nothing but poorly exposed, poorly processed digital images. We owe it to our children and grandchildren, and the generations that will come after them, to leave them the best possible digital record!

deal.gif
  • Options
    nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    Seagulls at Jones Beach on a mild winter day
    In 14 you can see my wife, the cat food she is tossing in the air, and a seagull swooping down to grab the food.

In another shot you can see my tripod. I place my elbow on top of it to hold me steady when panning at times.

It is alot of fun.

Regards, Nicholas