Options

Free HTML WYSIWYG editor

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited February 10, 2007 in The Big Picture
I really like NVU for writing simple HTML pages. With this tool, writing HTML is about as simple as making a dgrin post in WYSIWYG mode, but you get much finer control over object placement, size, and text fonts, size, and formats. You get tables. (Naturally since it's HTML.) What you don't get is help with scripts and the like.

There are comercial solutions that can do lots more. This is a nice simple tool for a basically simple task. It opens HTML authoring to people who don't want to have to learn some arcane code.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    rutt wrote:
    I really like NVU for writing simple HTML pages. With this tool, writing HTML is about as simple as making a dgrin post in WYSIWYG mode, but you get much finer control over object placement, size, and text fonts, size, and formats. You get tables. (Naturally since it's HTML.) What you don't get is help with scripts and the like.

There are comercial solutions that can do lots more. This is a nice simple tool for a basically simple task. It opens HTML authoring to people who don't want to have to learn some arcane code.

So what's the answer to this Year old question? I'm contemplating creating a website for my sons ball team and would like an answer as well.

Also, any comments on using NVU (or other economically priced wysiwyg editors) for creating a website? What about Yahoo and their designer software? Oh yeah, I'm hoping to have it up and running by February18, 2007. rolleyes1.gif
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    RandoRando Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Google Pages is quite nice, you can have a web page up in minutes, and it's free, http://pages.google.com/
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Bodley wrote:
    So what's the answer to this Year old question? I'm contemplating creating a website for my sons ball team and would like an answer as well.

What question was that?
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    What question was that?

Rutt's year old question
    rutt wrote:

Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    That's what I mean, I don't see a question in Rutt's post. I thought he was just pointing out a piece of software that he finds useful. ne_nau.gif

I was curious to find out what your question is, since I am not an HTML guru - I thought the answer to it might lead to mention of another cool tool for webpage design that I might be able to use.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Coolest tools around are Smugmug and the collection of helpers here on Dgrin.......wings.gifDthumb.gifivarwings.gif

I could not resist....and it's true.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website