Options

Visiting lynnesite

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited September 7, 2004 in Wildlife
I took my daughter out to Lynne's (Lynnesite) place to meet her horses. The drive was long, and we got there just as the sun was going down. I shot 100 pictures, processed 73 from RAW, and uploaded 55. Obviously, there's plenty of chaff left in the gallery, and individual shots could be improved, but gotta keep moving foward...

The gallery is here.

And here's some highlights:

My daughter with Ember (momma horse):

8091096-M.jpg

Lynne giving Ember some love:

8090910-M.jpg

Alaina and Lynne give Twix some love (she's 4 months old):

8091815-M.jpg

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours:

8092043-M.jpg

Alaina loves horses:

8092261-M.jpg

Lynne leading Alaina bareback on Q:

8092638-M.jpg
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    Hey, David, Lynne, your daughter, that is great! Thanks for sharing. I didn't realise so many people lived near each other.

I love seeing them. And seeing her with her much loved horses. And your daughter is a doll. I love the one of her kind of lying on the horse's side/neck/head.

ginger wave.gif
    Hi everybody!!!!
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    great shots, lotsa love and cuddley stuff going on there. way cool.

and you met up with a fine photographer, too :D

a good day.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    Ooo, you have a couple of winnas there. I'm struck by the incredible sharpness of the shots, and the flat light. Very cool.

8092261-S.jpg
    8091096-S.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Ooo, you have a couple of winnas there. I'm struck by the incredible sharpness of the shots, and the flat light. Very cool.

Yeah, something magical happens on that patch of dirt when the sun dips down behind the hill. You get a beautiful "magic hour" look. It's got the warmth of a sunset, but the flat light has a nice effect. Shooting in RAW accentuates the warmth, since I was able to change the white balance from automatic to shade. Nice warm glow. I love RAW. You could set the white balance, but at that time of night, I'm not sure you could keep up with it!

Lynne's horses are beautiful, spirited and kind. I can't wait to go back so that I can learn more about shooting horses. Not as easy as you would think.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2004
    That looks like so much fun! Its great you were able to meet another member and great photographer. I always love her challenge entries.

It looks like your daughter had a great time. You can see her love of horses in your photos. You did an amazing job capturing the feelings and emotions.

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see more from your next visit.

Dave
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2004
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yeah, something magical happens on that patch of dirt when the sun dips down behind the hill. You get a beautiful "magic hour" look. It's got the warmth of a sunset, but the flat light has a nice effect. Shooting in RAW accentuates the warmth, since I was able to change the white balance from automatic to shade. Nice warm glow. I love RAW. You could set the white balance, but at that time of night, I'm not sure you could keep up with it!

Lynne's horses are beautiful, spirited and kind. I can't wait to go back so that I can learn more about shooting horses. Not as easy as you would think.

too many panty lines! Ginger, they endured 3 hrs of traffic to get to my place (shoulda been 90 minutes when not during rush "hours"). My horses are gluttons for human interaction, well, gluttons in general as they found out when feeding them carrots. They even sacrificed some Fuji apples to the cause, the horses' favorites. Loved the images.

The light can be amazing, here's a couple of favorite recent ones. We do "walkies" loose on the land nightly before dusk, and sometimes I turn around and run back to get the camera.

7200388-M.jpg
    7272721-M.jpg
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2004
    Great shots Dave...
    DavidTO wrote:

So glad you had the chance to do that. What a great day for your daughter. What beautiful horses. And what a sweet hostess, to invite you out to the ranch. Thanks for sharing.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog