Options

An outing with SeeMoon :)

dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
edited September 5, 2004 in Wildlife
Tonight I was able to meet up with SeeMoon (Simone) on her last night in town. We went to bakers beach to get some shots of the Golden Gate Bridge & the sunset. I had a great time, and it was a pleasure meeting her. I hope to do it again next time she is in town.

I know, I know...enough talking and on with the pictures! The moment you've all been waiting for.... drum roll please.

Simone getting a nice macro of some marine life on the boulder.

8074664-M.jpg

There was a haze over the bridge, not uncommon here.

8074672-M.jpg

We also got more than we expected. I've been to Bakers Beach about 20 times, and tonight was the first time I've seen nude people running around. When I got home tonight, I found out that this section of the beach is actually a nude beach..doh!

8074711-M.jpg

After the sunset, we drove to the other side of the bridge for some long exposure shots. This one was 30 seconds @ f/8.0.

8075083-M.jpg

I know Simone has some great shots from tonight, and I can't wait to see them. I did catch her taking some pictures of me. Hopefully she leaves those out :)

Thanks for looking.
Dave

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    hey, these are great clap.gif and so nice to see simone. how cool that you guys could hook up for some shooting! love baker beach, i too had some fun there recently, and also got one or two shots with "more than i bargained for.... :D

nice work, fun post thumb.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    I love it when folks on these boards meet up. Simone's at the top of my list - maybe we'll meet in Malaysia! That last shot is excellent, I'm a sucker for that dusk blue sky.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    I had a great time Dave! Thanks again!
    So you didn't know it was that kind of beach huh? Yeah right! rolleyes1.gif Love that one of the guy with the camera!

8087111-M.jpg

8087109-M.jpg

8087110-M.jpg

Almost the same one, but;

8087112-M.jpg
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    So nice to "see" both of you! And you both got some great photos, of each other, the scenery, the bridge (always the bridge, lol) and the other one.

I would like to have seen more of more "other" ones. Have never been to a nude beach. Strange, don't think they have them around here. They haven't told me, if they do.

I love the idea of a 30second exposure, was that for more time looking, or for the great depth of field.

Thanks for the photos, and the sharing.

Are you entering the Challenge, Simone? I am beginning to sound like a broken record. I know that people get their acts together, with great shots, on the last weekend. But since this is a holiday, I worry a bit.

Come see me, Simone. We have bridges, smile.

ginger (no nudes that I know of............except in art galleries)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I love it when folks on these boards meet up. Simone's at the top of my list - maybe we'll meet in Malaysia! That last shot is excellent, I'm a sucker for that dusk blue sky.

Simone is a lot of fun. I would meet up with her anytime for an outing. She has a great energy and some really good stories. I hope to meet other members of this forum in the future.

Dave
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:
    I had a great time Dave! Thanks again!
    So you didn't know it was that kind of beach huh? Yeah right! rolleyes1.gif Love that one of the guy with the camera!

8087111-M.jpg

Looking at this picture, I'm trying to decide if thats my gut bulging out, or the shirt just sitting funny. I say its the shirt, but I will get out and exercise more. :lift :D

8087109-M.jpg

I know everyone is wondering who belongs to what foot. Well...the one on the right is mine and the one on the left belongs to Simone rolleyes1.gifblbl.gif

I had a blast this week. Friday was the last day at my current company, so I was ready to have some fun. I'll have a new cell phone number tuesday and will pass it along to anyone who wants to visit.

Dave
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    So nice to "see" both of you! And you both got some great photos, of each other, the scenery, the bridge (always the bridge, lol) and the other one.

I love the idea of a 30second exposure, was that for more time looking, or for the great depth of field.
    ginger (no nudes that I know of............except in art galleries)

Thanks for kind words. The bridge & beach is one of my favorite spots. The 30 second exposure was to get enough light to get the shot. It was very dark, and the sun had been down for well over an hour.

Dave
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2004
    Thanks for the kind words Dave! I'll definitely let you know next time i'm in town! I said my pic of the bridge was almost the same, but now i look at it I find yours so much better! The reflection is beautiful thumb.gif

Here's the one taken with your lens; A bit dark, but making it lighter in PS makes the lighter parts blow out. Time to shoot RAW i suppose.. (or reading the manual, haha!)

8140349-M.jpg

And Waxy; just let me know where you live. :D