Options

Journal Style that Displays Pages?

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited October 7, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Does anyone know of a way to make a journal style (as in the gallery style) that instead of the image opening to the lightbox, it'll open to a page? It'd use whatever image you selected to represent that particular page. As you created pages in a particular folder, they'd appear in the "gallery."

Comments

• Options
    JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2014
    You could create a page, to be used as a "gallery" and use single photo blocks for each photo you would like to use. With the single photo blocks there is an "Action on Click" setting that you can enter a customer URL and add the page URL you wish visitors to be taken to.
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2014
    Talk about clunky.

Sorry, no offense intended.

I'd like to come up with a way to reproduce this gallery display style for pages that doesn't require building a new block from scratch every time. Especially since you can't create page templates. All it would have to do is read what pages are in a folder, display the page's selected feature image, and read the title & meta description.

I guess I'm out of luck...
  • Options
    JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2014
    If you are looking to do this with just pages, you can add a pages content block to your "All Folders" section in the customizer. You can then create a folder for your pages. Add your pages to the folder, choose a feature image in settings for the page, so that you can see a thumbnail. You can then link to the folder, which will list the pages inside. I have included a sample below. Please let me know if this is kinda what you were looking for.

http://www.wickedlyawesomephotography.com/Pages
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero