Options

Always show exit button lightbox

mbridge87mbridge87 Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited September 6, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hello everyone,

I've not got any clue how to do this so would love some help. The title pretty much says it all but just in case, I'd like to stop the exit button from fading out when in the lightbox.

I added the exit button by using some CSS I got off here (thanks) but would love to stop it from fading.

Any ideas?

Thanks you in advance

Comments

• Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2014
    Try this
    .sm-lightbox-basic.sm-lightbox-clean .yui3-widget-hd, .sm-lightbox-basic.sm-lightbox-clean .yui3-widget-ft {
    opacity:100 !important;
    }

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2014
    bobbyhero wrote: »
    Try this
    .sm-lightbox-basic.sm-lightbox-clean .yui3-widget-hd, .sm-lightbox-basic.sm-lightbox-clean .yui3-widget-ft {
    }

Seems it shows everything. What's needed is just the exit button not hiding.

Tried adding this but no go.
    > .sm-lightbox-close
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    mbridge87mbridge87 Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2014
    Hello,

Thanks so much for your responses. I changed the code to the following which seems to work OK. The arrows do stay but I suppose that's not too bad. I had feedback from people that it was confusing once in lightbox with regards to exiting and navigation; hence perhaps keeping the arrows may be beneficial.

/* lightbox force exit and arrows to stay */
    .sm-lightbox-basic.sm-lightbox-clean .yui3-widget-hd, .sm-lightbox-basic {
    }

If anyone has any ideas on how to do reduce the opacity of only those elements (exit and arrows) that would be great. While it does make it more clear to leave them on the screen it would look far better if they faded down somewhat.

Hope that made sense and thanks again for all the help.