Options

Possible to have a thumbnail for a page?

tobemetobeme Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
edited September 9, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I have created a folder which has several galleries and a page. However, on the folder homepage I can see thumbnails of my galleries but I can't see the thumbnail of my page. Is it possible to have the thumbnail of the page to be shown alongside the galleries' thumbnails?

Comments

• Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2014
    Hi - yes - what you can do is the following :
    1. Add the content block - "Navigation - Pages" to the page. You can place the content block anywhere on the page hence to the right or left of the gallery block.
    2. Once you add the content block, click on the 'wrench' and make your setting appropriately (Select from is the attribute in which you can indicate where the page location). Note : Make sure the page has a featured image assigned.
    - jerry
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2014
    Sounds like the page is missing a "featured image". For any page, folder or gallery under customize > page, folder or gallery settings.
    Set the featured image. You can browse and set any photo on your site to apply. This will now show as the thumb on upper level folders.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2014
    Thanks. I wonder if I can move the page above all the galleries within the same folder?

a4021c50gw1ek57is22j7j20gs09hmyr.jpg
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2014
    In Organizer set the sort, top right, to manual for this folder. Then you should be able to drag items
    around. For this folder page under "folder settings" set the sort to "organizer position". Otherwise it
    will override the organizer sort.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2014
    Allen I have set the sorting to manual in organizer for this folder. However, I can only move the galleries around but not the page.

In "Folder setting" I don't see any sort function?
  • Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 9, 2014
    tobeme wrote: »
    Allen I have set the sorting to manual in organizer for this folder. However, I can only move the galleries around but not the page.

In "Folder setting" I don't see any sort function?

The hierarchy of the sorting is set to sort with galleries and pages at the end of the organization. A page will always follow a gallery, it cannot be moved ahead of Folders or Galleries within the organizer. You can arrange pages in a gallery around other pages to place in the order you would like the pages to appear.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1213252-what-are-hierarchy-and-folders-?b_id=1644

To see the sort order of your Folders within the Organizer, you need to place be viewing your site from within the organization you have to see all the folders. On my site that would be at the Root,

http://screencast.com/t/MXCqEnZ9by

From here I am able to see the sort of the site is set to manual and I can move the Folders among the Folders, the galleries among the galleries and the pages among the pages.

Best,
    Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2014
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 9, 2014
    tobeme wrote: »
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info.