Options

First time shoot with Jessy , crop or not ?

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited August 24, 2014 in People
I have been shooting Latex this weekend with a couple of new models, one of them is Jessy and now the debate is "do I select the crop or not".
Vicky-watershoot%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg

jessy%20%281%20of%201%29-X3.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2014
    I think to crop or not would depend on it's use. I love both, but they show me two different aspects of this lovely lady, either of which is beautiful.

I think the only way to know for sure is for me to come be your assistant for a month and re-shoot to decide. :D
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2014
    M38A1 wrote: »
    I think to crop or not would depend on it's use. I love both, but they show me two different aspects of this lovely lady, either of which is beautiful.

I think the only way to know for sure is for me to come be your assistant for a month and re-shoot to decide. :D

Txs Scott.... I will think of you next time....
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2014
    Depends on the use you need, but I really like the full image. Exceptionally bright and just pops off the screen. The detail in the red material is really nice, and the overall processing is top notch.

Sam
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2014
    My vote would be both depending on use, but cropping tighter on the first one.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2014
    Sam wrote: »
    Depends on the use you need, but I really like the full image. Exceptionally bright and just pops off the screen. The detail in the red material is really nice, and the overall processing is top notch.

Sam

15524779-Ti.gif Actually I think the first one is already cropped in to tightly. I'd like to see a bit more of the checker board flooring on the right hand side.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2014
    At first look I prefer the full body image. Still, if we needed to have ad copy then # 2 would be the choice for the negative space to the right of her head (which I would never get to - Laughing.gif) unless it was a double page spread.

Either one is really nice.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2014
    Thanks everyone, it seems that I need to get both…. I guess that is what I will do .
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2014
    jonh68 wrote: »
    My vote would be both depending on use, but cropping tighter on the first one.

+1

The second, however, offers the possibility of what the pic would've looked like with no checkerboard in frame and thus makes me wonder if you took any such pics?

A quick shuffling around of 1 in a reduced size browser window to crop out all of the chess board gives (me) a fair idea of the result - which I prefer.

A slightly lower pov would also have removed the background bit of chessboard behind the peaks of red matl, frame L and also the red material at the base of the triangle formed by her lower legs, thus removing the only bit of detail that detracts from an otherwise very clean silhouette.

pp
  • Options
    FiddlestixFiddlestix Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2014
    Now I am not a fashion/portrait photographer but to me, the first image has areas that my eye travels to. One is the face (of course) but the other is the shoes since they are bright, they are red and they are surrounded by negative space. If the intention is to highlight the latex then definitely number 1 but if the highlight is the model then my choice is number 2. Just my two novice cents.

All that said, both shots are really really good!
    Images from SE Asia - some like it HOT
    http://fiddlefoto.smugmug.com

Cheers!
    Stix