Options

Not for sensitive viewers ! - The Bride -

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited May 6, 2014 in People
My latest portfolio addition "the bride", a series on how females lose their freedom and personality in some cultures once they get married, often arranged marriages. The may as well bet death.

Shot in a forest with a safety harness and a support team just in case. The shoot is late in the afternoon under a poring rain.
i-CQ5fWxw.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2014
    As twisted as the image is, I rather like the creativity you exercised. Couple things come to mind though to include 1) wouldn't the rope be further under the chin and not visible at the chin, and 2) the bottom of the dress appears to be horizontal across the image where I would have imagined more vertical/hanging (get it, hanging..... rolleyes1.gif)

How do you do the fog/mist part?

Overall, I think the shot gets the objective across quite well.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2014
    M38A1 wrote: »
    As twisted as the image is, ……….
    How do you do the fog/mist part?
    Overall, I think the shot gets the objective across quite well.

TXS M38A1, yes I know that the shot is a bit twisted, unfortunately those things do happen in real live. And strangely enough very few people portray this. Because we consider it twisted….That is why I did make it, because very few do.

There are ample of pictures coming that you might enjoy more… still need to process them :D

The smoke, is from a smoke gun with heavy oil as they call it. If you use a smoke gun then it tends to disperse the smoke all over the area. If you do iy when it rains it keeps hanging low. Not to much smoke because with a flash unit it will blow out (highlights). I use it very often, I guess I am kind of crazy…..mwink.gif

Have a nice week-end

Steve
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2014
    Great concept. Only nit is how high she is in the air. even with the chair standing up there is no way her feet reach it.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2014
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2014
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    My latest portfolio addition "the bride", a series on how females lose their freedom and personality in some cultures once they get married, often arranged marriages. The may as well bet death.

Wow. Terrific. I did a portfolio shoot once on a "trash the dress" theme, and got some really interesting stuff, but no dark side. Something to remember if it gets done again (a local photography group does these things occasionally).

Thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2014
    great concept! but it is not convincing enough..the rope around the neck is not "real" enough.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2014
    Qarik wrote: »
    great concept! but it is not convincing enough..the rope around the neck is not "real" enough.
    Thanks, and yes …. there is even more,,,,
    The position of the shoulder, the head is not hanging down normally, the eyes are closed and she is way to far above the chair. However all of that was the intend, I never wanted to make a realistic scene such as the "Saw". It is symbolism….
    Good spotting dough
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2014
    She got a friend of the family to take the wedding photos. This is after she had a look at them. :)
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2014
    Travel wrote: »
    She got a friend of the family to take the wedding photos. This is after she had a look at them. :)

rolleyes1.gif No this was after the wedding, when she glanced over the wedding pictures .