Options

Missing thumbnails after closing lightbox (collage landscape style)

steamphotossteamphotos Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited May 20, 2014 in Bug Reporting
This is an ongoing issue that was reported to be resolved (see http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=245101) but is still occurring on my own site and every other I've checked that uses the collage landscape style.

If I open a gallery (example: http://www.steamphotos.com/Railroad-Photos/Favorite-Train-Photos-Gifts/), click the first thumbnail, right-arrow through to the final image, then exit the lightbox (by clicking the the top-right X), I only see the last few rows of thumbnails instead of the entire gallery. There's no way to see all thumbnails without reloading the page.

Note that this does NOT occur if I scroll the entire gallery (to the last thumbnail) before opening the lightbox. Likewise, it does not occur in short galleries where all thumbnails load without scrolling (approx. 50 on my screen, but that will be more or less depending on screen resolution).

This occurs in every browser I've tested (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari). As was suggested in another thread, I tried testing with ALL custom CSS removed -- this does not resolve the issue. It occurs not just on my own site but every other I've tested.

Comments

• Options
    BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2014
    Hi,

I forwarded your report to our quality engineers, thanks for letting us know! We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, we're looking into this.

Take care,
    Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net
  • Options
    steamphotossteamphotos Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2014
    This behavior has changed since I reported it last month. When following the same example noted above, I now properly see all thumbnails when exiting the lightbox. However, if I try to scroll back up the gallery and click an earlier thumbnail, nothing happens (the lightbox doesn't open). I've tested this in multiple galleries, multiple browsers, and tried removing all custom CSS.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited May 20, 2014
    I see the same problem. It's not consistent though - sometimes I am returned to the gallery with the collage landscape thumbs showing, sometimes I just see the breadcrumb, no thumbs..

--- Denise