Options

New to this

CapoBeachCapoBeach Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 1, 2014 in Landscapes
I'm an amateur and have taken a series of sunset photos over the last few years and have published calendars with my shots for the last 3 years. I just built my website and signed up for the Power version. I would like to sell my photos but I'm not sure if the quality of my work is good enough to sell online. Without putting you guys on the spot, could you take a look at my website and let me know what you think? http://capobeachbymark.smugmug.com/

Thanks in advance for any feedback and guidance about possibly upgrading to Pro and selling online.

Mark

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited January 31, 2014
    Welcome aboard!

Rather than ask people to look at thirty images, why not post a few and keep the link for the rest?

I think you'll get a better response rate.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited January 31, 2014
    CapoBeach wrote: »
    I would like to sell my photos but I'm not sure if the quality of my work is good enough to sell online.
    You should be aware that just making your photos available for sale on a web site doesn't usually drive sales.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2014
    ian408 wrote: »
    Welcome aboard!

Rather than ask people to look at thirty images, why not post a few and keep the link for the rest?

I think you'll get a better response rate.

Great, thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2014
    You should be aware that just making your photos available for sale on a web site doesn't usually drive sales.

--- Denise

Yes I know but I have quite a few people ask me where they can buy my sunset photos so I figured this was a good place to start. Thanks for the response.

Mark
  • Options
    MJoliatMJoliat Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2014
    First let me say that I like them. Very beautiful sunsets. But I would have to say that after looking at your website, it seems as if you are a "one trick pony". What I mean by that is almost all the shots are the same, with just a different color backdrop. The trees are all the same and in many in the exact same position. You might try different angles and other places on the beach. But I do really like most of these shots. The colors are pretty spectacular.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    MJoliat wrote: »
    First let me say that I like them. Very beautiful sunsets. But I would have to say that after looking at your website, it seems as if you are a "one trick pony". What I mean by that is almost all the shots are the same, with just a different color backdrop. The trees are all the same and in many in the exact same position. You might try different angles and other places on the beach. But I do really like most of these shots. The colors are pretty spectacular.

Thanks for the response. I take most of the shots from a deck off the back of my house and I shoot from that exact position by design. From October thru late January each year, the sunsets line up with my line of sight from the deck (facing directly toward Catalina Island). The palm tree that appears in almost all of my shots is also by design. I have always found it amazing that the sky can look so different each night. By using the same tight foreground shot on almost all of my shots shows how truly unique each sunset is.