Options

Rounded Corners Affected by Proximity to Slideshow?

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited June 25, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I didn't put this in SM bug forum because it most likely has to do with custom CSS to round corners

If you place a slideshow above a multiple photo block, when there's an image transition the rounded corners of a single image become square.

The top image is a slideshow, the three under are a multiple photo block. The corners are round via CSS. No problem when an image is displaying on the slideshow.

i-5sZ8cPJ-L.jpg

Transition to another image, as it fades it causes the lower block to loose it's CSS affect. It only affects the first two images.

i-kXwjLvK-L.jpg

I'll design around it. I just wanted to give a heads up it's there.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 23, 2013
    I redid my wedding services page, you can see it via the link in my signature. I have a few areas that show this problem. It seems to only appear in Chrome. Both Firefox & IE display properly. Using Chrome not only do some of the corner go from round to square as slideshows transition, but smaller 3:1, 1:3, and square thumbs do strange things when hovered over. They sort of "jiggle" as they fade out (which is a CSS affect I have applied), and their corners become square.

Slideshow affect.

i-JD6xwK2-L.jpg

i-zrt3Q5Z-L.jpg

Hover over thumbs affect.

i-Jwp7fhr-L.jpg

i-GMzwvqx-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2014
    This is still driving me crazy. I just can't figure out why the slideshow transition affects the rounded corners.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2014
    I just noticed this morning that this no longer seems to be an issue. I'll assume something, somewhere, was modified by Smugmug. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    Darter02 wrote: »
    I just noticed this morning that this no longer seems to be an issue. I'll assume something, somewhere, was modified by Smugmug. Thanks!

...or your browser could have updated. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2014
    Dang nabbit... It's happening again...

Only in Chrome.
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2014
    Am I the only one who sees this happening in Chrome? Here's a page where I see it happening to the image at the bottom, just under the slideshow.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited June 21, 2014
    Darter02 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who sees this happening in Chrome? Here's a page where I see it happening to the image at the bottom, just under the slideshow.
    Very interesting.

I didn't see it, but then I scrolled the page. When I scrolled the top corners of the bottom images flipped to square and then back to rounded. I have no idea why.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2014
    I see that too, but only if I'm scrolling at the same time the above slideshow transitions. The top image stays rounded at all times. This is only in Chrome I am seeing this effect.