Mini Challenge #176 - Tis the Season - Results

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited November 13, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
See Below...
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2013
    Ok, here's the results - sorry again for the delay.

Thanks to all who submitted images.... as always, so many wonderful photos to view, and so hard to narrow-down to favorites - but I did....
    This round, some of the dramatic colors caught my eye, as well as the beautiful scenery.

Honorable Mentions - INPO

lifeinfocus -Maple tree
    Love the vivid oranges and reds - hard to find in SoCal
    20131029%20Fall-5624-2-L.jpg

grandmaR
    Another hard-to-find scene in my area - this shot makes me want to jump out of the car and throw snowballs!
    100_0431.JPG

travelways - Copper and gold
    I really liked all your shots Tatiana - the Broom Jockey is too funny - this one is so rich in color and atmosphere.
    forest-4-L.jpg

Third Place (2 - a tie for a couple of our DGrin Sharpshooters)

kentwaller - lake bled
    You have captured quite an idyllic, storybook place with such lovely Fall colors, light, and sky - super nice!
    slovenia%206-L.jpg

Alans Grin - First Snow Flakes
    How cute is that!! Great close-up... but add the snowflakes - fantastic! My wife loved this one a lot...
    IMG_8144-XL.jpg

Second Place

Cavalier - Bridal Veil Falls
    A stunning capture of the dramatic beauty of Yosemite - I confess a little home-state bias in admiring this image....
    I think it is almost monochrome (a little bit of green still in the trees ?), but I'm not sure and that intrigues me... could be my eyes - very nice either way!
    i-PNgG2Z3-XL.jpg

First Place

kdotaylor - #1
    Often, I have an affinity for unusual style and content in photos, so, this one appeals to me on several levels.
    The weathered old dock leads you into a misty, mysterious, deserted place - guarded by the towering, silent, trees.
    I love the slightly exaggerated (HDR-ish) color tones and the surrealistic feel as a result - different and cool image kdotaylor!
    i-G93Dw5c-L.jpg

You've got the ball kdotaylor... thanks again to all who submitted - I always appreciate the opportunity to participate and pick my favorites.
    Have a great Fall and Winter season everyone!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2013
    Thanks for hosting this event. Sorry that I upgraded the image "Maple Tree" just recently so the URL link is broken. Just was not thinking about how it would affect the link in the posting.

Thanks much hosting this mini competition and your selections.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2013
    Thanks for the HM - didn't expect that as all the others were so good. Looking forward to the next one.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    Well done and thank you for hosting Eric.

Congratulations kdotaylor.

Alan.
  • ShootingStarShootingStar Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    Congrats to all.
    Some great shots! I especially like to winning picture.
    Sorry I was not able to participate, did not have some good old shots and was in Sydney, Australia during the time of the challenge so not really fall colors...
    Nature can be so different around the world but it is always amazing!

Travel Blog English: http://www.zigzagonearth.com
    Travel Blog French: http://zigzagvoyages.fr
    Infoproduct Creation Blog : https://structurinfo.com
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    Wow, thanks Eric! I wasn't expecting to win--my first win ever in the minis!

There were some really beautiful images this time around; I especially like Alan's bird with the snowflakes--isn't that an incredible capture?

I will read up today on what my responsibilities are for posting a new mini challenge, and get that going ASAP.

Kate
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    Good mini Eric with some great shots - thanks for hosting it. And thanks for the Second place - yes the trees do have some green - it is not your eyes!
  • kentwallerkentwaller Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    congrats to kate for a great shot and well deserved win! looking forward to the next challenge!