Options

Profile tweaking on Homepage - New Smugmug

rworobecrworobec Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited November 12, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

On my homepage I am using a 'Profile' content box on the header as an introduction of sorts.
Have a look here: http://www.ronworobecphotography.com

What I would like to tweak are the following:

1: Around my symbol on the left, a picture I chose as my profile picture; it has a white box around it, something smugmug generated. I would like to remove it.

2: The text below my name; I would like to access its html so that I may make the following clickable to connect with their respective galleries: Mountains • Trains • Sports • Travel • People • Animals - Jasper National Park

3: There is a bar consistent with my color scheme above my links (Home Galleries Search Contact Me) that is wasting space. I cannot seem to remove it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2013
    Hi,

1 + 2 seem to be things that might be possible with advanced css customizations. I'll ask the mods to move your thread over to the New SmugMug customization forum.
    For 2., the only idea that I can come up that doesn't involve css, would be to remove the text from your profile and to set up a separate menu content block for your links below the profile.

3. Sounds like you're referring to the top margin you've set up in your "entire site" section > layout tab. You could just reduce it, to reduce the wasted space at the top.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2013
    Lovely inviting homepage :)
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2013
    Hi,

1 + 2 seem to be things that might be possible with advanced css customizations. I'll ask the mods to move your thread over to the New SmugMug customization forum.
    For 2., the only idea that I can come up that doesn't involve css, would be to remove the text from your profile and to set up a separate menu content block for your links below the profile.

3. Sounds like you're referring to the top margin you've set up in your "entire site" section > layout tab. You could just reduce it, to reduce the wasted space at the top.

Hi,
    Thanks for getting back to me. As for the top margin it is set to 0px. I used a template to start my customization from and it was there like this originally. Any other ideas as to what I might do?
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2013
    Lovely inviting homepage :)

Thank you! I enjoyed browsing your site as well. :)
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2013
    rworobec wrote: »
    1: Around my symbol on the left, a picture I chose as my profile picture; it has a white box around it, something smugmug generated. I would like to remove it.

Add this as a CSS block on the same page:
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-profile .sm-page-widget-profile-biophoto {
      border: none !important;
    }

2: The text below my name; I would like to access its html so that I may make the following clickable to connect with their respective galleries: Mountains • Trains • Sports • Travel • People • Animals - Jasper National Park

In SmugMug's infinite wisdom, they decided to make this impossible with the Bio block. You would have to convert it to an HTML block by doing something like this:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Add-HTML-to-your-profile-block
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2013
    Great! much appreciated. I cant believe I didnt figure out how to change the margins on my own. The css code worked like a charm. And as for adding html, that link was super helpful, it is too bad smugmug didnt make that easier.

Thanks again!!