Options

Remove File names from my photos in viewer

moll51moll51 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 7, 2013 in SmugMug Support
hi,
I'm new to Smugmug and website design and have setup myself up with a site with some test photos.

My question is(and it has been asked before, but on the original smugmug) is how to remove or hide filenames appearing in the viewer. I have tried disabling filenames in the organiser but they still appear when I go to the site to look at the photographs. This is either when I'm logged in or out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

guyroberts.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 5, 2013
    moll51 wrote: »
    hi,
    I'm new to Smugmug and website design and have setup myself up with a site with some test photos.

My question is(and it has been asked before, but on the original smugmug) is how to remove or hide filenames appearing in the viewer. I have tried disabling filenames in the organiser but they still appear when I go to the site to look at the photographs. This is either when I'm logged in or out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

guyroberts.smugmug.com

Greetings,

In looking at your site a few of your galleries have image numbers in the metadata of "Title" section of the image information. It could be happening within your post production process. This article tells how some import the titles as an effort to protect their images. In so doing though the image numbers will show up as titles under the images in SmugMug.

http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/imagedatabases/filename2title.html

Therefore trying to remove the image number will not work because the information resides in the actual title under the photo information. To not have those filenames show up you will have to remove them individually. We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope this information is helpful to you.

A SmugMug Support Hero
    Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2013
    Thanks for the speedy reply and for looking at my site.
    As I'm learning what to post and how to post, there has been a mixture of uploading from within Smugmug and some using the new feature in aperture (how i came across smugmug).
    i think that the file info in the meta data is coming across from aperture, therefore if i upload directly from the organise area in smugmug there is no file info.

I will try a few uploads and see if my theory works.
    thanks once again
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2013
    Hi,
    If you still have an issue, could you post a link to a specific photo you're seeing the issue on and include details on how you uploaded it? That might help us in pointing you in the correct direction.
    In case you don't wish to post the link on the forum here, you could also reach out to our HelpDesk with details.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2013
    Hi,
    If you still have an issue, could you post a link to a specific photo you're seeing the issue on and include details on how you uploaded it? That might help us in pointing you in the correct direction.
    In case you don't wish to post the link on the forum here, you could also reach out to our HelpDesk with details.

Thanks for the reply.

I have done some testing and if A photograph is shared from Aperture into Smugmug, file names are applied. If files are uploaded from the organiser filenames aren't included.
    It's a bit of a pain having to upload by the organiser rather than Aperture but it's obviously something I'll have to live with.

many thanks
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2013
    Hi again,
    There may be a setting in the Aperture preferences to control what data gets added to the metadata of a photo. If you can't seem to find a setting for that, feel free to submit our feedback to Apple. We have the Aperture feedback page linked to from the bottom of our Aperture help page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2013
    Hi again,
    There may be a setting in the Aperture preferences to control what data gets added to the metadata of a photo. If you can't seem to find a setting for that, feel free to submit our feedback to Apple. We have the Aperture feedback page linked to from the bottom of our Aperture help page.

Thanks for the info.
    I've virtually rebuilt my library last night and imported all photographs via Aperture, this was purely to gain consistency and therefore filenames now show on all photographs. I haven't found a way in aperture to remove the filenames before syncing to my webpage. But the benefits of editing on the fly with aperture far outweigh the removal of filenames. All I have to do now is just alter A couple of made up filenames rather than filenames based on the camera's file name.

And we'll have a thorough read of the Aperture section and look at the aperture feedback section.

Many thanks