Options

Highlight Current Thumb2

southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
edited February 1, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Make current thumb highlighted in some manner so it sticks until you actually CLICK another thumb.

This comes from this thread:
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1911824#post1911824

I am going to ask that that thread be moved here and this one be deleted. If no, please go to that thread for the discussion.

Comments

• Options
    toddbuchanantoddbuchanan Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2013
    That would be excellent for me and my clients! It would be helpful when you have frames that are very close (in content) to one another and being able to figure out which one looks best....
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    This is for the Smugmug style gallery I assume. Yes, this needs to be added.

Highlight (border) thumb shown for main photo. Also on page refresh or new page

highlight moves to new thumb when using keyboard arrows

exit lightbox thumb highlighted for last photo viewing in lightbox

moving mouse over thumbs, thumb hovered is highlighted (main photo thumb remains highlighted)
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2013
    This is totally ridiculous, I'm in a Smugmug style gallery using the photo nav under the main photo
    or the keyboard arrow navigating through the photos. I have no idea what thumb I'm on. We need
    thumb highlighting.
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    Yes, this is a much-needed feature for larger galleries.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    In legacy we could add CSS to do this. So why is Smugmug ignoring us? This is really needed in Smugmug
    style galleries especially with their tiny thumbs. I have to squint my eyes trying to figure what thumb
    represents the main image which some times is impossible.
  • Options
    mishenkamishenka Banned Posts: 470 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    ... So why is Smugmug ignoring us?...

Probably because all who ask, complain, beg still remain paying customers? Think about it. Imagine (jsut imagine) that ALL people who got hurt by removal of features and introduction of stupid bugs simply do two things: 1) go to a competitor 2) REQUEST a FULL REFUND for dysfunctional service. Oh, what a fun that would be:)

Seriously, I just realized that BEFORE SmugMug really stood out: I could make my site unique (java, not bound to a set of predefined theme or hardcoded template, etc.) No other reputable service offered this unique level of customization and no other reputable service offered ALL the features available out of the box. Fast forward to today. SmugMug changed. It is pretty now. But it became the same as others. Just slightly different flavor, no more. So, what the hell holds you here? SmugMug offers (give or take) the same features as other reputable services. No other reputabel service offers javascript customization - so does not SmugMug. All other services offer more or less similar features. Sometimes even more for less ($).
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    In legacy we could add CSS to do this. So why is Smugmug ignoring us? This is really needed in Smugmug
    style galleries especially with their tiny thumbs. I have to squint my eyes trying to figure what thumb
    represents the main image which some times is impossible.

+1 STILL - Yep, this is disgusting. Apparently, the thumbs need a new class and may be that is hard to do since the thumbs are no longer "real" thumbs. Well, figure it out. Customers and clients are complaining. Fire the programmer and hire one who actually uses the system. Has anyone noticed how many Heros are still running legacy systems? (data from a previous post). May be different now. But when we were busting ourselves with new customizations and bugs, a majority of Heros were on legacy.
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2014
    bump
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2014
  • Options
    toddbuchanantoddbuchanan Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2014
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    bump