Options

Nikon/Rokinon Dark Pictures

maritimeloversmaritimelovers Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 25, 2013 in Cameras
Hello, I have a Nikon D3000 camera and a Rokinon Digital 500mm lens. All I get is dark images, Help?

Comments

• Options
    ceasleyceasley Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Sounds like the Rokinon and Nikon do not talk to each other. My guess is it is not auto metering. Have you tried shooting in manual mode? Does the meter in your view finder seem to show changes to exposure?
    Colleen Easley

Visit my website

Photography is my vehicle for discovery!
  • Options
    dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    ceasley wrote: »
    Sounds like the Rokinon and Nikon do not talk to each other. My guess is it is not auto metering. Have you tried shooting in manual mode? The the meter in your view finder seem to show changes to exposure?

Yep, its an auto metering issue. I agree with using manual mode.

If instead you are really into to auto shooting then I would research known issues with this lens. You could also return it or get it adjusted under warranty. An easier work around would be to use exposure compensation. But then you have to remember to change back when you go to normal lenses. Learning manual mode takes care of all of this. thumb.gif

Note that this is the wrong forum however for this question and this should be moved to http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3