Options

Bulk Edit Keywords Busted

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
edited October 15, 2013 in Bug Reporting
There is no way to bulk edit keywords of a keyword photo gallery. NewSmug or legacy.

Because they moved to bulk edit caption/keyword to organize this can no longer be done on the NewSite for a keyword gallery.
Last I looked they also busted this bulk method on legacy.

Now in a legacy keyword gallery clicking bulk edit captions/keywords opens "bulk edit
captions/keywords" page showing all photos from the gallery location of the first photo. Not the KW'ed
photos in this gallery. Busted!!

What we want/absolutely need is to bulk edit keywords. Clicking any keyword on any page or
under any photo will open a photo gallery for all photos with that one keyword. And that's were bulk
worked great on the legacy site removing/editing one KW everywhere.
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    There is no way to bulk edit keywords of a keyword photo gallery. NewSmug or legacy.

Because they moved to bulk edit caption/keyword to organize this can no longer be done on the NewSite for a keyword gallery.
    Last I looked they also busted this bulk method on legacy.

Now in a legacy keyword gallery clicking bulk edit captions/keywords opens "bulk edit
    captions/keywords" page showing all photos from the gallery location of the first photo. Not the KW'ed
    photos in this gallery. Busted!!

What we want/absolutely need is to bulk edit keywords. Clicking any keyword on any page or
    under any photo will open a photo gallery for all photos with that one keyword. And that's were bulk
    worked great on the legacy site removing/editing one KW everywhere.

FYI, this Legacy bug was reported on July 25:
    Caption/Keyword Tool via Keyword Gallery
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    BigRed wrote: »
    FYI, this Legacy bug was reported on July 25:
    Caption/Keyword Tool via Keyword Gallery
    That basically was for the busted legacy site. NewSmug has lost any bulk keyword edit ability.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    That basically was for the busted legacy site. NewSmug has lost any bulk keyword edit ability.

FYI, that feature request was logged here:
    Restore Site-Wide Bulk Keyword/Caption Maintenance
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    bump
    Needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    bump
    Needs to be fixed.

Acknowledged would be a start. Would be nice to know if this is a bug or a feature.

Dave
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2013
    bump
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2013
    Posted in another thread but I thought I'd mention it here too... this applies to /date galleries as well as /keyword galleries. Bulk editing keywords in /date galleries used to be the only way to bulk edit ALL your keywords at once.

Dave
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    I agree, this is a big problem!

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    This is definitely a bug. The option seems to be there, but one of the steps is to click "preview", and it just won't be clicked. (windows 7, g-chrome and IE-10).
    Sorry to have to say this but I keep getting amazed at options and funcions (and functionabilities) that where there in old SM and are now gone.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    Still looking into options guys...
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    bump
    Needs to be fixed.
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Still looking into options guys...

Please add to active bugs list.

Dave
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    This is not a bug, but a feature request. Please don't tell me why it is a bug and not a feature. It is not going to change the outcome at all no matter which bucket it is in. This tool is not available in NSM, so there is nothing broken. This is in the hands of the product department. Please follow the feature request
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2013
    Knock on wood but I was just able to bulk edit keywords in a legacy gallery. Removed apostrophes, added new key words to photos with none, removed keywords from all.

EDIT: Using Firefox.
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Knock on wood but I was just able to bulk edit keywords in a legacy gallery. Removed apostrophes, added new key words to photos with none, removed keywords from all.

EDIT: Using Firefox.

The problem is not that you can't bulk edit keywords in a single gallery. The problem is that you can't bulk edit a particular keyword across all galleries, like you used to be able to do. This still doesn't work in legacy and no such feature ever existed in the new and improved smugmug.

I hope keyword/caption/title improvements are a high priority for the development team. The current implementation is ridiculous, inconsistent, and inefficient.

Dave
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2013
    Thanks, Dave. I did pick up on that and forgot about it. For the moment I'm content with editing by gallery. I do believe SmugMug wants us to have full functionality back. There was a time when the old keyword editing function had bugs, and eventually they were fixed. I think it's two steps forward, one step back, a byproduct of rolling out such a ginormous new product.