Options

Gallery Title Icon - can I hide it?

spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
edited August 14, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
So I pulled the trigger and I'm unveiled. Just a few more details and I'll be done done.

Can I hide this little icon that sits to the left of the gallery title? (see attached screenshot)

Also, can I make the title font bold? I'm using the galleries sort of as category buttons and the groovy-looking overlayed title might be a little too subtle.

thanks!
Trish

Comments

• Options
    garrettm30garrettm30 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    This is what I used:
    /*Block file type icon next to Thumb title*/
    div>div>.sm-page-widget-galleries>div>.sm-page-widget-body .sm-tile-info-icon {
        display: none !important;
    }

My selectors are probably unnecessarily specific, but I do like to be specific to risk it not affecting other things. I tried it on your Events section, and it works. Let me know if it does or doesn't work on other elements.
  • Options
    Lee RiversLee Rivers Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    where exactly do you install that code?
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Lee, I put in a CSS block I have added to my footer section on the customize site / entire site section. That seemed to work. Does that help?

Trish

Lee Rivers wrote: »
    where exactly do you install that code?
  • Options
    garrettm30garrettm30 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Sorry, I got a bit hasty and forgot to mention it. A CSS block on the entire site section is as easy as any method. And it doesn't matter where on the page you put it. The other option is that if you use a custom theme, you can put it in the advanced tab section, which is CSS that affects the entire site.

As for the question about bold text in the original question, you can try this:
    .sm-page-widget-galleries .sm-tile-title {
        font-weight: bold;
        font-size: 14pt;
    }

The font-size is optional, but I threw that in in case you like it. You can change the number or just remove that line entirely.
  • Options
    Lee RiversLee Rivers Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    Thanks I will give it a try
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    spider-t wrote: »
    So I pulled the trigger and I'm unveiled. Just a few more details and I'll be done done.

Can I hide this little icon that sits to the left of the gallery title? (see attached screenshot)

Also, can I make the title font bold? I'm using the galleries sort of as category buttons and the groovy-looking overlayed title might be a little too subtle.

thanks!
    Trish
    This is what I used.
    .sm-tile-folder .sm-tile-type-icon:after, 
    .sm-tile-album .sm-tile-type-icon:after {
      display: none;
    }

I also changed the size and color of the text. Made text smaller so more would fit across. Ever after
    removing the icon some titles didn't fit.
    .sm-tiles-grid ul li a p {
      font-size: 95%!important;
      padding-left: 0!important;
      padding-right: 0!important;
      color: gold!important;
    }

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog