Options

Help: Can't "Customize Site" / Bug

FTGphotoFTGphoto Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited August 13, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Unfortunately, being a newbie I believe I posted the following thread in the wrong section: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238719

Anyways, my problem is extremely frustrating. And, as someone that considers them self very tech savvy compared to most, I'm completely baffled and left to assume it must be some coding error on smugmug's behalf.

So, here is my dilemma:

This started the evening/morning before last at 1am...

For the strangest reason, whenever I select "Customize Site" my site briefly for a split second begins to load properly and then swiftly loads as an unusable page (i.e. links don't work & homepage slideshow vanishes) and even worse the tool box to customize my site vanishes! :dunno

After messing around, I figured out if I select "Choose a New Site Design" I then can reselect my theme via "edit" and go on to customize my site. :clap

Although this bug is irritating, I can live with this work around...or so I thought. :rolleyes

Problem is I have no ability to edit my three pages as follows, "News", "Studio", and "About". Unfortunately, if I select any of these three pages and then select "Customize Site" I go back to the dud page. :(:

Please Help!!!

P.S. Currently using Firefox 23.0, and no other changes

Comments

• Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    A few questions.

Have you tried different browsers?
    Check to see if you have javascript disabled in your browsers
    Have you added any custom HTML code in your "Entire Site section", if so take it out and publish your page. If it now works, its possible you have an open tag somewhere that is causing some problems
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    FTGphoto wrote: »
    Unfortunately, being a newbie I believe I posted the following thread in the wrong section: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238719

Anyways, my problem is extremely frustrating. And, as someone that considers them self very tech savvy compared to most, I'm completely baffled and left to assume it must be some coding error on smugmug's behalf.

So, here is my dilemma:

This started the evening/morning before last at 1am...

For the strangest reason, whenever I select "Customize Site" my site briefly for a split second begins to load properly and then swiftly loads as an unusable page (i.e. links don't work & homepage slideshow vanishes) and even worse the tool box to customize my site vanishes! ne_nau.gif

After messing around, I figured out if I select "Choose a New Site Design" I then can reselect my theme via "edit" and go on to customize my site. clap.gif

Although this bug is irritating, I can live with this work around...or so I thought. rolleyes1.gif

Problem is I have no ability to edit my three pages as follows, "News", "Studio", and "About". Unfortunately, if I select any of these three pages and then select "Customize Site" I go back to the dud page. :(:

Please Help!!!

P.S. Currently using Firefox 23.0, and no other changes

You must include a link to the pages you describe. It's really hard to troubleshoot when we don't know where to look. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    jwashburn wrote: »
    A few questions.

Have you tried different browsers?

No, I always use firefox . . . it's strange, everything was working fine at 12:45 am and then boom, around 1am it all went bad . . . no changes, no updates, settings on firefox the same headscratch.gif But, good idea, I'll try chrome.
    Check to see if you have javascript disabled in your browsers
    Unlikely, but I'll check
    Have you added any custom HTML code in your "Entire Site section", if so take it out and publish your page. If it now works, its possible you have an open tag somewhere that is causing some problems
    Yes, I wasn't a fan of the default social icons, I added some coding I use on my legacy site that not only allows me to use my own icons but more importantly allows me to open my social links in a new tab. And I added coding that changes my nav bar color when one hovers over an item. I'll definitely try cutting that html out. Seems strange, but you may be on to something. :D
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    You must include a link to the pages you describe. It's really hard to troubleshoot when we don't know where to look. Thanks!

Thankfully, I wise enough not to be an early adopter, so I'm just in sandbox mode with legacy currently running thumb.gif

But here is my site: www.fauxtauxgrafix.com
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    jwashburn wrote: »
    ...Have you added any custom HTML code in your "Entire Site section", if so take it out and publish your page. If it now works, its possible you have an open tag somewhere that is causing some problems

haha clap.gif that was it!!!!!!! I was missing a ">" ...No joke, a freaking ">" at the end of my code apparently caused this, unbelievable :D
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    haha clap.gif that was it!!!!!!! I was missing a ">" ...No joke, a freaking ">" at the end of my code apparently caused this, unbelievable :D

Sweet! Glad to hear you are back in business.
  • Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013

Nice. Glad its working