Options

Pausing migrations

BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
edited August 22, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Wow, none of us inside SmugMug guessed that so many new SmugMug sites would get published the first week, and so many in process.

Unfortunately, our systems and support desk can't handle this big a firehose of migrations, so we've decided to pause migrations for some number of days, probably about 10. If you've already clicked Preview and are in the thick of it, no worries, you can still unveil.

We'll turn on migrations again once our heroes can get back to the quick response times you expect from us.

You can still play with it by opening a free trial. We considered pausing new account signup, but they create very little support and hardly any system load, so they don't move the needle one way or the other.

I apologize to people who really want to get their hands on it right away.

Thanks,
Baldy

Comments

• Options
    dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    This sounds like a great idea, Chris, at least until the firehose diminishes somewhat. Once some of these initial issues get resolved things should settle down a bit allowing some of the Heroes to take much needed breaks/vacations, etc... I'm sure many have been burning the midnight oil working on all these tasks as they come up. And while its obvious this is more than a job but a passion for you everyone needs a break at some point.

Thanks to you and all the SM heroes for all your hard work going the extra mile(s) even after the big release. thumb.gif
  • Options
    phl0wphl0w Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2013
    so we've decided to pause migrations for some number of days, probably about 10

Still on hold. Asks me to wait until the 27th. headscratch.gif
    Sorry, but this is a joke. In my second year of subscribing now, but I am seriously considering another paid service after that failed "launch" of the new smugmug.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    phl0w wrote: »
    They are probably working on fixes and don't want the huge influx now. It's for your best interests, you
    won't have to fight what everyone has gone through.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    phl0w wrote: »
    so we've decided to pause migrations for some number of days, probably about 10

Still on hold. Asks me to wait until the 27th. headscratch.gif
    Sorry, but this is a joke. In my second year of subscribing now, but I am seriously considering another paid service after that failed "launch" of the new smugmug.

Hi,

You can migrate now by visiting your site name /migration

xxxxxxxxxxx.smugmug.com/migration

Let me know if you have any issues with this.
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2013
    You can migrate now by visiting your site name /migration

Thanks, but still the same problem.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Can you send me your Smugmug URL? I can get you migrated this afternoon
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2013