Options

Gallery feature image still not showing??

AlanWilliamsPhotoAlanWilliamsPhoto Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 5, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I dont think I am setting my expectations to high, but surely it is not too much to expect a simple visual effect to work in a website designed for images??

I still have the situation where my password protected galleries (Clients images) do not show the feature image as a thumbnail, but just an empty square with a ?

I have emailed the SM hero's, twice, and I am still awaiting a response some 3 days later!!

All very frustrating and certainly not professional.

Comments

• Options
    AlanWilliamsPhotoAlanWilliamsPhoto Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    I dont think I am setting my expectations to high, but surely it is not too much to expect a simple visual effect to work in a website designed for images??

I still have the situation where my password protected galleries (Clients images) do not show the feature image as a thumbnail, but just an empty square with a ?

I have emailed the SM hero's, twice, and I am still awaiting a response some 3 days later!!

All very frustrating and certainly not professional.

Gosh!! I have to reply to my own post.

After much frustration I have finally cracked the problem and have a solution, TFFT

For anyone else with the same problem of PW gallery not shown featured image, do this
    Organise - Organise Site - Choose the offending gallery - click settings - next choose Social & Security - and now allow external embedding

HTH
  • Options
    botpixbotpix Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Again another reason we needed some way to see what this was going to look like before unveiling! We're having the same problem, and I don't think I should have to re-feature images from hundreds of galleries to get this to work. The only way I can get it to show is removing the password protection. The original (legacy) featured images are showing in the gallery settings. What do we do?

folder example:
    http://www.mybotpix.com/Action-Events/2013/Dance-Studio-Elite-Spring

Update:
    External embedding didn't seem to work at first, but now it does. Still a pain to have to modify hundreds of galleries. At least it's fairly simple in the Organizer (not really any faster though because you have to wait many minutes for the system to catch up). Also, what are we opening ourselves up to? External embedding? I don't want these images on blogs if they are in a password protected gallery.
    Drew Lockwood
    ---
    www.mybotpix.com (smugmug)
    www.botpix.com (wordpress)
  • Options
    n1r0tn1r0t Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 5, 2013
    I had this same problem. Fixed by Gallery Settings > Security & Privacy then check "External Embedding" to ON. Alternatively you can batch convert all the galleries by going to Organize Site, selecting the galleries you want, click "Settings", go to Security & Privacy, CHECK THE BOX in front of External Embedding, then select ON.

Hope that helps!