Options

Edit (new) photo title in Origanizer

phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited August 4, 2013 in SmugMug Support
When using the Organizer to edit Caption / Keywords you will not be able to edit the new Titles for photos. You have to view the photo (double click the photo to get full screen) and select tools > edit > photo details.

Would be nice if the old bulk edit for Caption / Keywords gets updated.

Since there is now a title box i would like to transform all of my existing captions (mostly one-liners) to titles. Do i have to do that manually? Would be nice if there would be an Option in the Organizer, like Select Photos > Edit > Transform Captions to Titles.

Why i want to transform captions to titles? Because titles are more "visible"... bigger text, easier to read.

Markus

P.S. Did i mention it already? I'm loving it! :barb

Comments

• Options
    LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    Since there is now a title box i would like to transform all of my existing captions (mostly one-liners) to titles. Do i have to do that manually? Would be nice if there would be an Option in the Organizer, like Select Photos > Edit > Transform Captions to Titles.

Why i want to transform captions to titles? Because titles are more "visible"... bigger text, easier to read.

Me too. I have over 8500 photos and now we have the option of Title or Caption I would like the Captions to be Titles. Why this wasn't done to start with and weren't were given the option of a second tier of captions instead I don't know. Making what we had previously chosen as titles the smaller of the two options seems a little bit the wrong way round. Anyway, manually re-typing the titles to 8500 photos is not an attractive prospect!
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    To me this is part of a larger problem -- what were the captions have stayed captions -- but now a caption is sort of a subtitle. Very significant change, as their font and placement makes them almost unnoticable, and in the full screen display (at least in the theme I have) they are hidden until you pop them up (whereas the title shows).

Bad. Very bad, it reversed what we had before.

And the idea of mass changing it doesn't work because, well, you can't mass change them at all.
  • Options
    CraigKCraigK Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    Would be nice if the old bulk edit for Caption / Keywords gets updated.

At a minimum I'd like to see Titles added to the old Caption/Keywords gallery editor. At least I'd be able to do some cut and paste quickly instead of having to do bring up each title individually to add the Title.
    troublebound.smugmug.com
    "Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em!"
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    CraigK wrote: »
    At a minimum I'd like to see Titles added to the old Caption/Keywords gallery editor. At least I'd be able to do some cut and paste quickly instead of having to do bring up each title individually to add the Title.

Yeah, that might be helpful, but as LPC mentioned we do not want to transform thousands of captions to titles by using copy&paste eek7.gif
    That's why using an option in the organizer might be the better choice. Of course the bulk editor needs the title option anyway. I think that will be updated sooner or later.