Options

Can not access Gallery Settings

JFreemanJFreeman Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited August 13, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Currently in the sandbox/preview mode and I can not access the gallery settings but the folder settings work fine. When I go into any of my galleries and click Customize>Gallery Settings it seems to try to load the settings but all that happens is the gallery fades to almost black and I get the title Gallery Settings with a line below that and the two buttons "cancel" and "Save and that's it. The buttons do not work and I have to hit the back button a couple times to get back to the folder list. This happens both from the gallery page and from the new organizer. As seen in this photo.GK5Tvik.jpg

I was trying to figure out why the galleries featured photo was not changing and someone suggested going into the settings to remove the defaut that the new smugmug added. I was able to switch to legacy mode and see the settings.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    Thanks for the report. I haven't seen an issue like this before and I've passed it on to our QA team for further investigation.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2013
    Thanks for the report. I haven't seen an issue like this before and I've passed it on to our QA team for further investigation.

Thanks, I got an email from one of the Heroes this morning saying he couldn't replicate it when he accessed my site and that it could have been due to the high traffic yesterday. But it's still happening today. IE, Firefox and Chrome on a Win7 64 machine. Tried turning off Adblock as well. I tried making a new gallery in the new smugmug in case it had something to do with the old galleries but it still wouldn't show settings after I uploaded a photo to it.

Interestingly, visually it happened to Don MacAskill last night during Trey Ratcliff's G+ show at the 55:27 mark when he was working on Karen Hutton's site. But even though visually it didn't show any settings controls in the screen share he was able to change her privacy level. Earlier in the show Thomas Hawk also shared the settings panel but it showed for his screen share fine.

http://youtu.be/Tjk6b1-AQcQ?t=55m27s

Folder settings are fine Gallery settings are not.
    VveGLnI.jpg

Just tried on my android tablet and it's doing the same thing.
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    Just like to say that it's been a week and I still can't access the gallery settings in the new smug.
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    JFreeman wrote: »
    Just like to say that it's been a week and I still can't access the gallery settings in the new smug.

I am waiting for a fix for this too! It has been since 8/4
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 13, 2013
    Can you each give me a link to gallery where this is happening, please?

Edit: Nevermind. I think I fixed both of your sites. Can you check?
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    Edit: Thank you thank you! You fixed it between the time I made the video and smugmug finished processing!

I just made a short recording of my screen showing how Gallery Settings is not working. It does the same thing when going to gallery settings in the organizer

http://www.obeymybrain.com/Test-Gallery-1/n-VVxV2/i-wkjFgdt/A
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 13, 2013
    JFreeman wrote: »
    Edit: Thank you thank you! You fixed it between the time I made the video and smugmug finished processing!

I'm sorry about the bug. It turned out that you had some watermarks with a strange character in their names. I fixed that and the settings loaded just fine. Sorry again!
    SmugMug Product Manager