Options

S1, V1 adapter

ArtyGArtyG Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 11, 2013 in Accessories
Hi! I am new to the forum. I am an old retired photographer with a D200 and recently a Nikon S1 and V1.
I bought an adapter that will allow me to use any old Nikon mount lens on the cameras but when I mount one I get a sign that tells me I need to use a lens if I want to ,take a picture. I am betting there is a software up load I can apply but I couldn't find it at the Nikon site. Any ideas? My adapter is not the Nikon adapter that saves auto focus, etc. But mine was only $20 mailed to me all the way from China! Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited May 30, 2013
    Have you tried using the camera in Manual mode when you're using the adapter?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    ArtyGArtyG Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 31, 2013
    That might do it if I can figure it out.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,817 moderator
    edited May 31, 2013
    ArtyG wrote: »
    That might do it if I can figure it out.

If you are asking, "How do I set the Nikon V1 to manual focus mode?", I believe you will find the procedure listed on pages 52-55 of the user manual, or in this PDF:

http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/kie88335f7869dfuejdl=-cww2/1V1RM_EN.pdf

Additionally, I think that you need the camera to be in either Manual mode or Aperture Priority mode in order to use the adapter and "F-mount" lenses. See pages 116 and 115 respectively.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    FotodioxSaraFotodioxSara Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 11, 2013
    Did you try changing the settings to "shoot without lens." A lot of cameras will not see the lenses with adapters sue to no electronic connection to the lens. Thanks to menu settings, you can change this to allow you to use your favorite lens with your new camera.