Options

Forget me not

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
edited July 16, 2013 in Holy Macro
Tiny forget me not type weed in the garden. Whole plant only 2" high. All shots focus stacked using zerene.
Brian V.

8708715635_ed74bfd4bb_o.jpg

8708715671_7c44c0cf0c_o.jpg

8708715695_bf2bededbe_o.jpg

Cross-eye stereogram
8708715653_03f4967399_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2013
    Lovely shots Brian. Your flower shots are always wonderful to look at.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2013
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2013
    Thanks Ian and Josh for the comments- appreciated :)
    Brian v.
  • Options
    juanherediajuanheredia Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2013
    Really amazing. Do you use a macro lens? Or just extension rings?
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2013
    Really amazing. Do you use a macro lens? Or just extension rings?

Thanks.
    I'm using the king of macro lenses - a canon MPE-65
    Brian V.
  • Options
    hkretschmerhkretschmer Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2013
    Thanks.
    I'm using the king of macro lenses - a canon MPE-65
    Brian V.

Is the Canon MPE-65 really that great of a dedicated lens for macros? Presently using the Sigma 150 mm f/2.8 ( 1:1 ) ISO but would like to venture into some more extreme macros with higher magnifications ( 5:1 ) without using extension tubes. I have a super high end macro rail already, and a high end diffused MT-24 EX macro twin flash plus other accessories for it. I am planning to sell my Sigma 150 mm f/2.8 and use the money towards the purchase of a MPE-65. Wise choice or dumb ?? I would like to know your views. Get both - and suffer in the budget ?

I am almost there in my decision, but still deliberating over my choice. I love the 150 mm Sigma as well and hate to give it up, as it is also a great macro lens and can be used for portrait work as well. Yet the magnification limit of the lens tends to draw me towards the 5X MPE-65 for greater creativity potentials.

I looked at some of your MPE-65 images and I am quit impressed.

Do you use another lens beside the MPE-65 and which ones ?

I am new to the forum, and would like to know what others here are using for their macros and being happy with.

Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2013
    Is the Canon MPE-65 really that great of a dedicated lens for macros? Presently using the Sigma 150 mm f/2.8 ( 1:1 ) ISO but would like to venture into some more extreme macros with higher magnifications ( 5:1 ) without using extension tubes. I have a super high end macro rail already, and a high end diffused MT-24 EX macro twin flash plus other accessories for it. I am planning to sell my Sigma 150 mm f/2.8 and use the money towards the purchase of a MPE-65. Wise choice or dumb ?? I would like to know your views. Get both - and suffer in the budget ?

I am almost there in my decision, but still deliberating over my choice. I love the 150 mm Sigma as well and hate to give it up, as it is also a great macro lens and can be used for portrait work as well. Yet the magnification limit of the lens tends to draw me towards the 5X MPE-65 for greater creativity potentials.

I looked at some of your MPE-65 images and I am quit impressed.

Do you use another lens beside the MPE-65 and which ones ?

I am new to the forum, and would like to know what others here are using for their macros and being happy with.

Thanks for any help.

I also use a Tamron 90 lens for larger bugs and flowers etc and find that fairly essential as well as the MPE-65 especially in Summer.
    Brian v.