Options

Keep me Logged In problem

hadronhadron Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited August 11, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I have problems whereby Smugmug forgets to keep me logged in, mostly the following day. In other words, after a login with the KEEP ME LOGGED IN box selected, then closing the browser, and then logging in again immediately, smugmug DOES remember.

However, the next day when i am forced to login again. My browser properly fills in the ID and PW. I have talked with my router manufacturer who indicate the router does noting overnight to reset. My DHCP lease is set to NEVER expire.

When I select "Keep me Logged IN", what does smugmug remember about my pc / session? In other words, what is smugmug expecting to remember my login?

Is it the IP address, or does it expect the browser to fill in the ID and PW every time, even though the KEEP ME LOGGED IN box had been selected before?

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2013
    I am so sorry you are having trouble. What browser are you using? Is the browser set to clear cookies perhaps?
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2013
    hadron wrote: »
    I have problems whereby Smugmug forgets to keep me logged in, mostly the following day. In other words, after a login with the KEEP ME LOGGED IN box selected, then closing the browser, and then logging in again immediately, smugmug DOES remember.

However, the next day when i am forced to login again. My browser properly fills in the ID and PW. I have talked with my router manufacturer who indicate the router does noting overnight to reset. My DHCP lease is set to NEVER expire.

When I select "Keep me Logged IN", what does smugmug remember about my pc / session? In other words, what is smugmug expecting to remember my login?

Is it the IP address, or does it expect the browser to fill in the ID and PW every time, even though the KEEP ME LOGGED IN box had been selected before?

Hi there,

We actually have identified some actions in a users workflow that will cause this to happen. We have identified many and corrected them, but there is most likely some cases in which we haven't identified. In order to help us identify this use case, if you could keep track and inform us some of the most recent actions you had performed in SmugMug before you got logged out, that would be very helpful.

We currently have an outstanding thread on this, and I will be moving this to the Bug Reporting forum.

Thanks!

Michael
  • Options
    TodaroTodaro Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 9, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Hi there,

We actually have identified some actions in a users workflow that will cause this to happen. We have identified many and corrected them, but there is most likely some cases in which we haven't identified. In order to help us identify this use case, if you could keep track and inform us some of the most recent actions you had performed in SmugMug before you got logged out, that would be very helpful.

We currently have an outstanding thread on this, and I will be moving this to the Bug Reporting forum.

Thanks!

Michael

For the record: I am facing the same nasty issue too. Looking forward to a quick solution.

My browser is Safari 6.0.5 (8536.30.1)(the latest) on Mac OS X 10.8.4 (latest as well). Safari is set to not delete cookies.

Thanks for your attention on this.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2013
    Todaro wrote: »
    For the record: I am facing the same nasty issue too. Looking forward to a quick solution.

My browser is Safari 6.0.5 (8536.30.1)(the latest) on Mac OS X 10.8.4 (latest as well). Safari is set to not delete cookies.

Thanks for your attention on this.

Todaro,

Can you identify anything you may have done in your SmugMug workflow before the logout happened? Or something you do often, like watermarking, color effects, cropping, etc? Are you shutting your computer or just closing the browser?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Michael
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Todaro,

Can you identify anything you may have done in your SmugMug workflow before the logout happened? Or something you do often, like watermarking, color effects, cropping, etc? Are you shutting your computer or just closing the browser?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael. Thank you for your reply.

I often do watermarking, but not so often than just browsing my photos.

I've got two computers, a desktop and a laptop. The desktop I shut down in the end of the work, but the laptop I barely shut down. The issue happens no matter the computer I use. In common there's only the fact that I close the browser when not needed.

I can't see a possible cause-effect relation between the issue and the way I use Smugmug. It seems more like a cookie problem, although Safari is not set to delete them as I said earlier.

Thanks,

Marcelo Todaro
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2013
    That bug has been really annoying! :bash

Todaro wrote: »
    Hi Michael. Thank you for your reply.

I often do watermarking, but not so often than just browsing my photos.

I've got two computers, a desktop and a laptop. The desktop I shut down in the end of the work, but the laptop I barely shut down. The issue happens no matter the computer I use. In common there's only the fact that I close the browser when not needed.

I can't see a possible cause-effect relation between the issue and the way I use Smugmug. It seems more like a cookie problem, although Safari is not set to delete them as I said earlier.

Thanks,

Marcelo Todaro
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Did this ever get fixed? Not for me, and it's a PITA! When I come back to my site to login after just a few minutes away, I have to enter my login details again even though "remember me" is checked.

Something was changed. This only started happening (what seems like) a couple of months ago. It may have coincided with the introduction of the "new SmugMug"-style login page.

Please don't ask me whether i changed my cookie setting or whatever - I've changed nothing! I'm still using a Chrome browser, now v28.x, on a Mac platform. I don't have amnesia but SmugMug certainly has a bad case.