Options

Slideshow, Full-Screen and Regular

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited November 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
This comes up enough that I thought I'd put a thread in here on this.

Full Screen Slide Show

For the full-screen slideshow, we actually make each image on the fly for your monitor size, so everyone sees it differently. Usually, we upsample from the 800-pixel image (the -L, Large size) but in the case of very large monitors, we make them from the original, assuming you have originals turned on and don't have image protection on. Remember, too, that if you have Larges turned OFF, the full-screen slideshow will be made from Mediums and they might not look so good.

You can turn the view slideshow button off in your customization settings:

You'd add this to your CSS:
.play_slideshow { display: none; }

here's how to change slideshow options

Remember, there is also a slideshow style in the "view style" dropdown, and your visitors can choose medium or large, and control the timing as well. You can leave this as an option or force it as a gallery style, by going to the customize gallery menu.

Comments

• Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2005
    slideshow quirk, landscape vs portrait
    since you brought up the slideshow, I thought I'd mention the quirk I have run into...(Windows XP, Internet explorer 6.something)

if the gallery has a mix of horizontal and vertical pictures, the slideshow app prepares for the next picture by switching from one format to the other WHILE the current picture is still displayed... umph.gif this results in the nice portrait of yourself suddenly expands to the full width of the screen for a moment making you look like you did when you finished your thanksgiving dinner. same thing happens when your viewing a horizontal landscape when it suddenly squishes into a vertical format and you think the world just imploded.

hope this makes sense... eek7.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2005
    dmc wrote:
    since you brought up the slideshow, I thought I'd mention the quirk I have run into...(Windows XP, Internet explorer 6.something)

if the gallery has a mix of horizontal and vertical pictures, the slideshow app prepares for the next picture by switching from one format to the other WHILE the current picture is still displayed... umph.gif this results in the nice portrait of yourself suddenly expands to the full width of the screen for a moment making you look like you did when you finished your thanksgiving dinner. same thing happens when your viewing a horizontal landscape when it suddenly squishes into a vertical format and you think the world just imploded.

hope this makes sense... eek7.gif

Hi DMC, thanks for posting. We can help. Would you mind linking the exact gallery in which you're noting this behavior? And, are you speaking about the full-screen slideshow or the smaller slideshow?

If it's a private gallery, you can just pm it to me.
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2005
    I noticed you have to turn the fade off to see what I see (I don't like the fade)

Any group of photo's will do it, try this since it causes several orientation switches... I see the quirk on all size choices.

also, I am running windows 2000, not xp