Options

Leica M

AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
edited January 23, 2013 in Cameras
Hi everyone!

Anyone has the slightest idea of when Leica M is going to hit the stores? Has anyone actually seen one?
Photography is about what does not meet the eye
Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,812 moderator
    edited January 6, 2013
    Sorry, not a clue when Leica does anything that it does. Adorama says they believe early 2013.

Both Adorama and B&H allow you to order today and they will ship when they get the item in stock, and charge you when they ship.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2013
    Thanks guys. Unfortunately, this does not answer my question. The M Monochrom was supposed to ship in August 2012, but it only now begins to trickle down. M is supposed to be selling right now. Adorama has over a 100 backorders, but no one has seen the camera yet. Perhaps, July?
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,812 moderator
    edited January 13, 2013
    AlexShark wrote: »
    ... Perhaps, July?

That's as good a guess as anyone else's guess. Good luck.

In the mean time, I hope that you continue to shoot with your Canon camera.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2013
    Thanks, ziggy. I sure will. Nothing beats 1Ds Mk III so far. After 5 years of use it became my body part. I got it in Feb 2008, before it got to Adorama. But dragging it around with the range of lenses covering 8mm fisheye all the way up to 300/2.8 prime becomes ... a drag!

I'd like to take a shot at this Leica M + 50/1.4 SUMMILUX-M and nothing else in the bag. Gotta get more disciplined behind the camera. Shoot less -- think more. Was considering M Monochrome with the same lens. Maybe!
  • Options
    SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2013
    I've seen quite a few threads on Leica boards where dealers have told folks that they are expecting to start shipping "Early March 2013".

If the M9 delivery was similar, this means a solid 4-6 months before it will be easy to find one.

As well, when the M9 came out all the lens supplies dried up for a while. Something to think about.

best,
  • Options
    PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2013
    First shots with the M are only now beginning to make the rounds. I'll bet we see it late february, with a more or less 6-month wait time for mere mortals. I think I bought my (former) M9 over a year after introduction, such was the demand.