Options

George's Headshots

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited October 1, 2012 in People
Fun session on a gorrrrggeous autumn morning, but man processing has been tricky! I think I'm finally starting to get used to the new monitor (which is now, allegedly, properly calibrated), but please let me know if these look ok to you, particularly as far as contrast/brightness - feed back on that (and anything else, for that matter!) definitely welcomed.

His last set of headshots made this young singer look very young indeed (he's only about 25, and quite baby-faced underneath the beard which he didn't have for his last set) - he wanted something fairly informal, but that also gave him a little bit more gravitas/maturity. He also was interested in more smiling ones, although I think his "brooding" ones are actually stronger - he was better able to project that into the lens, IMO. He hasn't seen his proofs yet; trying to get these out to him asap.

All taken with 7d (assorted lenses) and 430exII+Pixel King triggers (LOVE.THESE.TRIGGERS.) 2'3' softbox on the flash.

1. This head-on pose seems to work well for him; gives him some width and for whatever reason just seems to be a better angle for him. I kept trying to smooth out his shirt, but he's super slender meaning the shirt is a little big, and every time he moved even a little we got all those wrinkles. Are they a dealbreaker?

i-RFMbrvz-L.jpg

2. His James Bond look :rofl

i-MqLdpzZ-L.jpg

3. Can't decide if I like this indoor series or no - he was tired by this time and I think the energy is flagging a bit. However, it does give him a different look should he want it. I think this one has some intensity into the lens, too; perhaps a little more actor-y than singer-y, but for his roles that can work for him.

i-QBRJcsL-L.jpg

5. My favorite of the day - I like the different expression because it's just a little impish, and I'm really glad I "saw" how to frame him with the stone on the outside of those shutters - kinda fun :)

i-hc56683-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited September 30, 2012
    Annnnd... one more, just because I liked it :)

i-5c4RPZC-L.jpg
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2012
    You're right. Pose one works very well for his look. The shirt folds don't bother me.

Most likely because I'm a "traditional" kind of guy, I really like three too. It say's "serious actor" to me.

The last one you posted (the second post) doesn't really excite me because of the eyes. Those darn deep eye sockets.

And your favorite, is as it should be.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2012
    Thanks Bryce! Yeah, that last one will need some more photoshop love if he picks it - I got those eyes lit about half the time, but if he moved at all, or I changed the angle even a little, or moved the flash at all.... raccoon. I had no assistant, so couldn't fill from below which might have helped a tad (although I have to wonder - I think fill flash was always more likely to do a better job than reflector...)

Processing look ok? No blown highlights or color-casts? (Yes, I'm being a pain asking about this over and over - I just want to be sure so I can then start editing with confidence!)

Just had a super-nice note from him - he LOVES them and is excited to make his picks so he can start using them! Always nice to have some client feedback ... :)