Options

Our Tiger Kitty Has Moved On

DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
edited September 3, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
We miss her dearly. But I can tell ya that if you left a cheeseburger on the counter and turned your back... well, its wasn't your cheeseburger anymore :bash We could leave no food items out period without fear of loss. I still recall the Christmas Prime Rib incident clearly. And not so fondly either :cry At least we recovered some of that. A Thanksgiving Turkey was a total loss and likely I would find her hanging out somewheres with a look similar to image 1. I'd lower my imagined bang stick and my heart would melt. We figure she made 18 years with us... for better or worse. Silly ol kitty. Before she disappeared with no trace, and we were watching for that move, her poor little body withered away to near nothing over time. Simply the way things go isn't it. That said she could still leap smartly to any counter top. There was the occasional miss rarely seen. Those I remember fondly :wink I'd pray for
a ceiling fan twirl for her but one was never to come about. I desperately needed to be reimbursed for all the meats, breads, whatever we had lost to her :D My bad. But then, I am a real problem child that way. In the end, her years with us were and are reimbursement enough and then some. :lust
What a treasure despite some difficult episodes we had.
When my oldest daughter mentioned I might try picking up a camera and give it a go... see what I could do with it, Tiger became a constant model for me. Another memory is that Tiger would go on walks with my wife and I around the neighborhood. Sometimes part of the way. Sometimes all the way. Awhile back we planted some catnip in the garden under an young low apple tree and we could find her there in somekind of Nirvana. Writhing her body into luscious kitty knots. Flopping, rolling and stretching this way and that. hehe But she hardly needed catnip for that. She would do that little routine anywhere. Perhaps just not as robustly. A few memories to share here with you and a couple
of my favorite pictures she helped me to gather.

We never found her anywhere near by try as we did. We hope she found a nice spot and softly fell asleep.

Image 1 24mm f1.4 Canon FD L with slide film & F1 body
tigerWU2-L.jpg

Image 2. Canon G2 in macro mode. I remember the day I turned an 11x14 print of this in for
competition. They asked which film and camera, I said digital, they said no way. A second place in
close ups :thumb
Tiger2WU1-L.jpg
Michael

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    :cry I wasn't planning on crying today.....couldn't help it......she looks just like my boy Tigger.
    So sorry Michael .....I know just how you feel.

Lucy - now gone - used to go on walks with us. I still laugh about it 'cause it's something cats just don't do very often.
    Nice shots and memories.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2012
    Earache wrote: »
    :cry I wasn't planning on crying today.....couldn't help it......she looks just like my boy Tigger.
    So sorry Michael .....I know just how you feel.

Lucy - now gone - used to go on walks with us. I still laugh about it 'cause it's something cats just don't do very often.
    Nice shots and memories.
    Nice of you to share Eric.
    Yes :cry I did it as the last sentence went down. Unexpected... but I guess it was there just looking for a way out.
    Tigger Boy ... we have our loves don't we. Precious as can be.
    Michael
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    Many cats have come and gone through my life and each is deserving of tears and a gentle farewell. It is so hard to say goodbye.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    I share the sadness you and your family must feel, Michael. When I've lost a family member like this, the thought that has helped me the most is to remember all the joy and love the animal shared with me. It's never easy to accept their passing, but, if you can center your thoughts around all the positives they brought your way, it can help ease the pain.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited August 28, 2012
    So very sorry. They are family, and it is always hard to say goodbye. We've had several cats that have passed over the years - all but one lived to a decent long life. When the signs of age begin to really show, I well up knowing what will come, but remember all the joy they gave. Our two current cats are both 8. I want to hold each one as often as I can knowing that right now is the only time that matters for them. You will cherish all the memories and smile, in time, over all the good cat/people moments you have spent together.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    That's hard, Michael. Best wishes.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2012
    Eric, Ceci, Tom, David, Don.... everyone. My wife and I thank you for your kind regards, sentiments
    and personal experiences. We are enriched by your support and thoughts. A sharing from you we hold
    near and dear. Closure is on its way. Thanks again for helping us move in that direction with warmth in
    our hearts.
    Michael
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Michael - Your story even further shows the joy (and aggravation) we get from our beloved pets. I smiled at your comment about her walking around the block--I had a cat who did that but I'd never seen another one; sounds like you had many lovely walks. You gave your kitty a long and wonderful life and I pray she found a quiet place to sleep.

Both pictures are beautiful but #2 is exquisite!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    I know this is hard for you and your family and my prayers go out to ya'll. As has been mentioned, it's tough to loose a family member. The good Lord is kind enough to allow us to spend time together with our pets, for most, very special times indeed...

Image #2 should be extra special to you as your reflection is in your kitty's eye!
    Randy
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited August 29, 2012
    Michael,

I feel your pain and am sorry for your loss. I've had a number of cats who looked like Tiger. Each was different, and each was special. We love them and they tolerate us. Non-cat-people are mystified by it all, but all cat lovers understand.
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Hi Michael .... A lot of years ago I had and old dog that stayed in the backyard while I was at work. I came home from work one day and he was gone and never to be found. I still think of him...I know how you and your family feel.......Loosing a family member to old age is never easy, it is really sad when you don't know what happened to them. The pictures are really great....If I had a favorite it would be the first one........
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    Michael - Your story even further shows the joy (and aggravation) we get from our beloved pets. I smiled at your comment about her walking around the block--I had a cat who did that but I'd never seen another one; sounds like you had many lovely walks. You gave your kitty a long and wonderful life and I pray she found a quiet place to sleep.

Both pictures are beautiful but #2 is exquisite!

Lauren
    Thank you Lauren :D Kind of you.
    Now you know of at least 3 of us that have had cats that do walks. It is pretty cool.
    rwells wrote: »
    I know this is hard for you and your family and my prayers go out to ya'll. As has been mentioned, it's tough to loose a family member. The good Lord is kind enough to allow us to spend time together with our pets, for most, very special times indeed...

Image #2 should be extra special to you as your reflection is in your kitty's eye!
    Hey Randy :D Appreciate your kind words. That picture has always been special for the exact reason you mention and is one of only a handful large prints I've ever placed on a wall.
    Richard wrote: »
    Michael,

I feel your pain and am sorry for your loss. I've had a number of cats who looked like Tiger. Each was different, and each was special. We love them and they tolerate us. Non-cat-people are mystified by it all, but all cat lovers understand.
    Thank you Richard :D "They tolerate us". True true. Dogs have owners... cats have staff.
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Hi Michael .... A lot of years ago I had and old dog that stayed in the backyard while I was at work. I came home from work one day and he was gone and never to be found. I still think of him...I know how you and your family feel.......Loosing a family member to old age is never easy, it is really sad when you don't know what happened to them. The pictures are really great....If I had a favorite it would be the first one........
    Thank you for sharing this Gary :D Maybe one day we will come to know what happened.
    This is the first time image one has gotten out to be seen but it has always been a favorite. I had to
    dig to find it and brush off the hard drive dust. I am delighted you like it.
    Michael
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    Oh Michael I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's so hard losing a pet -- They're family members too. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Sounds like Tiger was a hoot of a kitty. She left you with some wonderful memories.
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Oh Michael I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's so hard losing a pet -- They're family members too. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Sounds like Tiger was a hoot of a kitty. She left you with some wonderful memories.

Thank you so very much for saying Mary Kim. Very sweet of you :)
    She was definitely a hoot and brought many more treats than she stealthily wisked away with. Little rascal. We will remember and continue to hold near and dear as we all do with much love.
    Michael