Options

Help With Photos

ipatryipatry Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited August 3, 2012 in The Big Picture
Hey guys,
I took some really cool photos of the Maine State Little League 11 year old tournament. I want to share my photos with other people so they can see them. But I cant find a site that you can upload photos in high quality, and is free. So if you guys know of a free site that I can upload good photos help me out! I have a canon t3i and I photographed my brothers team in the tournament. All the moms want to have my photos to be able to print them, and download them so they can have them on their phones and computers. But I'm only 14 and I don't want to pay for a website. Please help!

Thanks,
Isaac

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2012
    Isaac,

I don't know of any free sites but SmugMug offers a really nice site with a ton of great features for $40.00 per year.

As for being 14 yo and not wanting to pay for a website I would say...............when I was 14 or even now much older, if I want something I work, earn money save and buy it. I would cut lawns, shovel snow, deliver circulars, had a paper rout etc.

I never had the equivalent of a Canon t3i camera so your way ahead of me and many others there.

Go ahead and Goggle photo web hosting websites and you will find all the info needed.

Good luck!!!

Sam
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2012
    picasaweb.google.com
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2012
    Yes Sam, the camera was a gift to me. I cut lawns and I am saving up for more things. Iv'e been cutting lawns and working for my grandfather making butter. By the way it is Kate's Butter out of Old Orchard Beach Maine, best butter on the market! But so far this summer I have earned about $700-800! I don't want to spend any money right now on a website because photography is just a hobby right now! Going into highschool this year. Football season already starting, just dont have the time! Thanks
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2012
    ipatry wrote: »
    Yes Sam, the camera was a gift to me. I cut lawns and I am saving up for more things. Iv'e been cutting lawns and working for my grandfather making butter. By the way it is Kate's Butter out of Old Orchard Beach Maine, best butter on the market! But so far this summer I have earned about $700-800! I don't want to spend any money right now on a website because photography is just a hobby right now! Going into highschool this year. Football season already starting, just dont have the time! Thanks

If you wanted a SmugMug site for a limited amount of time - say, just for the athletic season - they offer a month-to-month pricing plan for $5.00 a month - that's pretty cheap and it's easy to set-up. The folks anxious to get the pictures may help you underwrite the expense? Give SmugMug a try - you'll probably get hooked like the rest of us!

Best of luck and good on ya for earning your way - I mowed a lot of dang lawns too when I was a kid.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2012
    ipatry wrote: »

Fantastic!!!

You may want to consider Eric's thought of taking a month to month plan. Ask the parents, and other athletes to contribute to your wbsite and photo costs. Ask for a dollar or so per month. If you get 20 or 30 signed up you will have your website well covered and maybe open up an opportunity down the line for more money making opportunities.

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2012
    I decide to check out Picasa! Its not bad, the only downside is that you can only download a limited amount of images.. But I got by and Im 60% full. This is my album of some photos I took at the game. I probably will be getting smug mug sooner or later. Thanks guys!! Check out my photos >>>>>> https://picasaweb.google.com/112084691029152987262/SacoAllstars
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2012
    A lot of those are really great. You have the gift, keep at it. One thing you did right was to put yourself at or below player level. This makes kids look like pros. Nice job.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2012
    ipatry,

While I agree these are not up to professional standards I have seen worse images from those calling themselves professional.

I think that as a beginner, and at 14 yo you are doing exceptionally well, and have talent. Your images are far, far better than mine when I started.

I can see why the parents would want these, and I am positive they would be willing to pay for them.

Good Luck!!

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the support! I wasn't using kit lenses this time but the lenses I used were about 5 years old. This field was pretty good for photos but sometimes people had good spots blocked off. The weather was really hot and humid but it was a lot of fun. I hope to keep improving. My cousin asked me to take photos of him and his girlfriend. I will post pictures of that when I shoot it. But thanks everyone for helping me! Hopefully I will be able to pick up a canon 100-400 L lens this winter. I've been saving up for it. I have about 700 right now but my parents will help me out. This winter I will most likely be shooting snowboarding, skiing. I am hoping to put out a deer feeder for hunting this fall but also to photograph some bucks. Thanks guys!