Options

Microsoft! Photoshop Elements problem.

yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited July 23, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
does anyone know who i could consult about the following problem:windows will not let me open adobe photoshop elements. 7i contacted adobe and microsoft and neither helped.thank you

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,821 moderator
    edited July 20, 2012
    I moved this to the Digital Darkroom, where I think you'll get some help. I renamed the thread for better visibility.

My suggestion is to uninstall the software and then re-install the software.

Make sure that you install the software using an account with administrator authority. Things can get confusing otherwise.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    you installed in correct location ?
    did this happen before , or is it a new install ?
    what Windows you have ?
    you tried running as administrator ?
    or compatibility mode ?

if you want users to help , better give more info
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    does anyone know who i could consult about the following problem:windows will not let me open adobe photoshop elements. 7i contacted adobe and microsoft and neither helped.thank you

Do you have a commercial made machine (hp, dell, etc etc...)? If so contact them not MS, as MS sells all rights to the computer company so they,MS, does not have to field questions like this...at least that was the last I was told by a MS customer service rep on the phone......At Adobe their should be a part of Adobe Forums where you can get help.......I have never had a hard time getting questions answered on the Adobe forum...Never used Elements so don't know if Adobe has a forum for it...it seems as if they would ... ... ... ...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    jhofkerjhofker Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    If none of that helps, can you be more descriptive of the issue you're seeing? Screenshots of errors, etc would be helpful.
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2012
    microsoft
    i uninstalled and reinstalled elements twice but to no avail.adobe offers no tech support for elementsi am using the same elements disc and same computer as i have for last 3 years in which elements ran good.i dont know what you mean by the administrator.i did replace the hard drive on my computer..its next to impossibe to find tech support from microsoft-free.
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2012
    micosoft
    my computer is homebuilt by a friend.i have no problem other than this with the computer.my technitian said the computer is running great.
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2012
    microsoft
    i am using windows vista ultimate
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,821 moderator
    edited July 20, 2012
    i uninstalled and reinstalled elements twice but to no avail.adobe offers no tech support for elementsi am using the same elements disc and same computer as i have for last 3 years in which elements ran good.i dont know what you mean by the administrator.i did replace the hard drive on my computer..its next to impossibe to find tech support from microsoft-free.
    my computer is homebuilt by a friend.i have no problem other than this with the computer.my technitian said the computer is running great.
    i am using windows vista ultimate

It's time to get your technician involved. Obviously something has changed to cause this situation.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    jhofkerjhofker Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    Definitely time to get your technician involved.

I'd be happy to try to help you troubleshoot here on the forums, but you're going to have to give a little more information than "Windows won't let me open Elements". What makes you believe Windows is preventing it from running? Does it give you an error message?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    In Adobe forums you will find the Elements Forum it is located on the right side and it is #2 down...right under Adobe Photoshop .... forum link -> ->->-> http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa You will have to create an account to ask questions tho.....

What does the Elements License say about how many times you can re-install the software?? since you cannot run the software...insert the disk and go to my computer and tell it to explode the disk...then get the license agreement and see what it says... ...

Good Luck.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    Adobe Elements 7.0 requires that Service Pack 2 and 3 be installed.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2012
    "adobe photoshop elements 7.0 has stopped working.a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2012
    microsoft
    i had alot of trouble installing the update for service pac 2 i tried it 3 times unsucesfuly.it took an hour each attempt.
  • Options
    J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    i had alot of trouble installing the update for service pac 2 i tried it 3 times unsucesfuly.it took an hour each attempt.

did you happen to lose power to your pc when you had elements open?
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2012
    microsoft
    definately not . again,the only hardware chage i made was replacing the hard drive
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2012
    microsoft
    my technitian will attempt to install the service pac 2 update tomorrow
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
    As a side note, when Win 8 comes out MS is going to provide inexpensive upgrades from XP, Vista and I think Win7. One of my home computers is an old laptop with XP that needs to have all software reloaded, instead of using XP again I am going to wait and try Win 8 at the low price.

Phil, Fellow Michigander
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2012
    microsoft elements
    i asked a question in the adobe forum under elements.to day the question wasn't there.it also wouldn't accept my screen name
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2012
    a technitian has solved my problem....thanks for the help