Options

keywords in Limbo

dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited November 11, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have been updating keywords via Bulk keyword update. It seemed to be working fine but I noticed somthing wierd today.

I would look at my keywords list and noticed I couldn't find one (humphries) that I know should be there since I had just added that keyword to a few pictures.

I went to the gallery, hit "bulk keyword update" and noticed that the pictures in question did indeed have humphries as its keyword, I hit save anyway.

Still not showing up in the keyword list, (yes, I upped the # keywords listed to 150 which is more than I have).

The wierd part is if I bring up picture in question, the keyword list at the bottom is blank, just the "edit" link.
44082196-L.jpg

If I hit edit, the box opens up and humphries is in the box! I didn't type anything
44082192-L.jpg
If I hit cancel, humphries will not be displayed, if I hit save here, then humphries is saved and then displays as a keyword.

Some of my keywords are in limbo! And it isn't easy for me to tell how many of my pics are doing this.

The only thing I have been doing different today was:
1) I upload the pictures to a generic gallery I use for uploading
2) I do bulk update of keywords
3) I do move photos (expert) immediately afterwards

All I can figure is you have some process that processes keywords, but is failing cause I am moving the pictures to another gallery before your process runs... just a guess

Help!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    Thanks for posting. I've asked the engineers to have a look, ok?

Standby...
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Thanks for posting. I've asked the engineers to have a look, ok?

Standby...
    looks like someone is working on it cus humphries is now on my keyword list...

If they need another example, I am having the same issue with
    http://dmcpics.smugmug.com/gallery/956689/1/44072685/Small

no keywords listed, but if I hit edit, I see three...
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2005
    dmc wrote:
    looks like someone is working on it cus humphries is now on my keyword list...

If they need another example, I am having the same issue with
    http://dmcpics.smugmug.com/gallery/956689/1/44072685/Small

no keywords listed, but if I hit edit, I see three...

I worked on a few, clicking "edit" then save
    which applied them.

JT's investigating.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2005
    andy wrote:
    I worked on a few, clicking "edit" then save
    which applied them.

JT's investigating.
    yeah, I purposely didn't do that on the example I gave to you so you could see what I was talking about.

Problem is, there is no easy way to see which pics have this problem.. If I use bulk update the keywords show up, but some of them are not really there...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2005
    dmc wrote:
    yeah, I purposely didn't do that on the example I gave to you so you could see what I was talking about.

Problem is, there is no easy way to see which pics have this problem.. If I use bulk update the keywords show up, but some of them are not really there...ne_nau.gif

Stay tuned, thanks!