Options

Halo with Helicon

kengladekenglade Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
edited June 18, 2012 in Holy Macro
I've just started using the trial version of Helicon Focus and I'm getting a halo on some of my images. Can someone tell me why this is and how to prevent it?

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2012
    kenglade wrote: »
    I've just started using the trial version of Helicon Focus and I'm getting a halo on some of my images. Can someone tell me why this is and how to prevent it?

Zerene is a bit better and not getting such obvious halos but this tends to happen either because part of the subject moved and you get a double image or more likely on high contrast edges where the OOF image is slightly larger than the in focus one and the software counts it as valid detail.
    Luckily high contashalos are fairly easy to clone out- it is common to need to work on the image a bit after stacking .
    Brian v.
  • Options
    kengladekenglade Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2012
    Zerene is a bit better and not getting such obvious halos but this tends to happen either because part of the subject moved and you get a double image or more likely on high contrast edges where the OOF image is slightly larger than the in focus one and the software counts it as valid detail.
    Luckily high contashalos are fairly easy to clone out- it is common to need to work on the image a bit after stacking .
    Brian v.

Thanks, Brian. After sending my email I discovered an on-line manual that goes into considerable detail about Helicon and how it works. I've printed it and slowly working through it. The program is a lot more complicated that I initially thought. But that's a good challenge.

Ken