Windows Installer Service could not be accessed
I don't know if this is the proper forum for this, so if it's not, the mod's can move it to the proper forum.
If you have run into an error message that says "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed" and couldn't get it to work, the problem is in the registry. This Site
shows you how to fix it. They have a small file to download and explain how to use it to fix the problem. I was having a problem installing some programs and this was the only solution I found that actually worked. One thing I learned from looking for this fix, is not to run any type of registry cleaners or compactors. Also beware when searching for any fix from within the Microsoft's site. One of the search results that came up that I checked out appeared to be a Microsoft site, but it turned out it wasn't. I downloaded their application and installed it (WiseFixer) and was then told I had to pay $39.98 for it to actually fix the problems it finds. Well, I paid and re-ran it and it looked like it was fixing it, but it actually didn't do anything, cause the problem was still there. Then I got my email that showed my charges, and I was charged over $68.00 for this application. I looked further into this and without my knowledge I was charged an additional fee for another application that I didn't need nor want. I'm now fighting with them for a full refund cause the program didn't work as advertised!