Options

Price of photos on a CD

DRH PHOTOSDRH PHOTOS Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 24, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I may have a Sport event next month for 6 hours of shooting. $150.00 per hour

There are 6 events. I shoot between 200 and 400 photos per event.

If the promoter want's all the photos of each event on a CD, what should I charge them?

If they use some of them for promotion what is a good price per photo? :dunno

http://drhphotos.photostockplus.com/

Comments

• Options
    Pure EnergyPure Energy Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    I'll get the ball rolling... the size of the digital image might matter but let's look at it this way:

You're selling 4x6s on your website for $6, is there a quantity discount for buying 200?

It sounds like he wants to hire you to shoot the event... so, what's your day rate?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    or hourly rate?? Or event / wedding rate??
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2012
    DRH PHOTOS wrote: »
    I may have a Sport event next month for 6 hours of shooting.

There are 6 events. I shoot between 200 and 400 photos per event.

If the promoter want's all the photos of each event on a CD, what should I charge them?

If they use some of them for promotion what is a good price per photo? ne_nau.gif

http://drhphotos.photostockplus.com/

Not nearly enough info to give any sort of meaningful answer.
  • Options
    DRH PHOTOSDRH PHOTOS Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 24, 2012
    I'll get the ball rolling... the size of the digital image might matter but let's look at it this way:

You're selling 4x6s on your website for $6, is there a quantity discount for buying 200?

It sounds like he wants to hire you to shoot the event... so, what's your day rate?

Full Res, $150.00 per hour
  • Options
    Pure EnergyPure Energy Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2012
    Great answer. Now, that you've edited your comment to reflect the $150 per hour, it might be time to defer to other people here. I would most likely consider the cd/DVD as a free proofing cd and would not include any RAW images. As long as he's not about to do something that will undercut your future print/usage sales of the images, it shouldn't be an issue at $150 per hour. Are those processed images or images shot as is and then provided onto a cd at full resolution?

What I've done...
    What I would like to do...
    What I could, would or should do...

... regarding additional usage fees for someone who paid me to be there in the first place... I think I'd like to hear some replies here too.

The devil may be in the details though. Where will the images be used? What size? How many copies or circulation?