Options

Announcing the top images for DSS #102 - Spring Quiet

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited May 22, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Choose up to your Top 10, you have multiple votes! You may vote for one or more up to 10.
The gallery is here for commenting.

You have the ability to choose up to 10 of your top choices by selecting them from the poll.
The poll will remain open for 72 hours, and any previously registered member of DGrin may vote.

Warning: you will not be able to come back and add more choices after you click the voting

button.

There were 3 disqualifications this round :cry

dbimage - image was taken out of time frame
torrbrae - incomplete EXIF (no date for when it was taken, only modified date)
Williaes - No EXIF

P.S. If your observant you will see that more than 10 can be chosen. Just remember if you vote for

all of them its like you didn't vote
:wink *Also you are able to see any photo in its large form by

clicking on it.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2012
    Once again I was too busy to participate....but I voted.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2012
    torrbrae - incomplete EXIF (no date for when it was taken, only modified date)
    Buggar! - had not realised editing process had stripped the Date Taken. Another good lesson learned!

Great entries everyone - interesting to see how differently the poem has been interpreted. Hard choice voiting!
  • Options
    K10DK10D Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2012
    K10d
    I voted for my 10. Good luck to all. I'm just so excited I got a correct EXIF posted this time. Laughing.gif Just had to express relief.wings.gif Nice Work everyone.clap.gif
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2012
    I voted... good luck to everyone!
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    Finally got a chance to go through, comment & vote. For some reason, most of my comments got cut off, I think there were only 4 or 5 that didn't get shortened to just a few words. Don't understand this, same thing happened the last time I commented but only on the first few & then it worked itself out. I did send an email to Smug support. So sorry to most of you for the very brief comments, not my intention. Great shots, was hard to narrow it down to only 10!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    Nice work. I voted. Keith
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 17, 2012
    CONGRATULATIONS Tonto for the #1 image win!
    Tonto - Flatford on a calm Spring evening.
    MG477234-Edit-1-2-L.jpg

Wow what a close round! clap.gif

We had a tie for the 5th place!

The following photographers are now qualified to participate in Mega Challenge #17.

Tonto
    kentwaller
    Sapphire73
    Johnloguk
    richtersl
    cbbr

Congrates to all the top 6 and to those who participated and commented a big thank you!

Winning PM's will be sent out ASAP
  • Options
    PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Congrats Tonto!! What a wonderful image!!
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • Options
    endurodogendurodog Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Congrats to the top 5 and the rest. Great shots all
  • Options
    johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Huge congrats Tonto, that was a beautiful image and very clear winner. Thanks to everyone who voted for my Bluebells, I've been bombing badly for some time now so nice to get a top 5 again :)
  • Options
    TontoTonto Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Wow, I'm really chuffed, (English for happily surprised and pleased), I didn't think I stood a chance but thank you to everyone who voted for my picy.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Tonto wrote: »
    Wow, I'm really chuffed, (English for happily surprised and pleased), I didn't think I stood a chance but thank you to everyone who voted for my picy.

Congrats for a well-deserved win for a lovely image. thumb.gif

Congrats to the rest of the winners and a big thank you to those who gave my image the nod.
  • Options
    kentwallerkentwaller Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    thanks
    thanks for the votes - very humbled and grateful - many nice photos here!
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited May 18, 2012
    Congratulations to Tonto on the win for that beautiful image! clap.gifclap.gif It was a lovely surprise to be among the top five this time. Thank you for the affirmation on this entry. And a hearty congratulations to the others in the top 5! clap.gif
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Congratulations to the winners clap.gif

I see that I can always improve - many thanks to those who voted for my entry iloveyou.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2012
    clap.gifCongratulations everyone and especially to Kentwaller for that lovely image. clap.gif GP
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2012
    Just catching up after a looonnnng week in the real world. I think I like it here better eek7.gif

clap.gif Kudos to all!

Tonto - your image evoked the essence of spring, it looked more like a painting than many photos that add brushstrokes and effects! Well deserved win!

kentwaller - loved the dramatic foreground emphasis balanced by an intense sky. Nicely done!

Sapphire73 - I alway look forward to seeing your entries. This one didn't disappoint. What rich greens and effective "S" curve composition. Nice!

Johnloguk - It can be really difficult to create coherent composition in such a dense subject, but your image made it happen. Love the color, too!

richtersl - a nice capture of a moment that every child should have. I like her posture, implying attraction to the flowers at the same time as a hint of insecurity about what she's leaning into...

cbbr - how can you go wrong with a puppy and a wagon! It would be fun to recreate this in a few years with the same wagon!

As always there was lots of good stuff this round. For me the most under-appreciated may have been this one, which has an atypical style (especially for dgrin, I think). Take a look again (at full size) at the subtle texture, spot on exposure and classic rule of thirds composition. It's abstract and literal at the same time, and capable of evoking strong response. Kudos SeascapeS!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    Congrats to Tonto & all the winners - great shots!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    I liked just about all the images entered, so I'm not surprised at the variety of the images that were winners.. Congrats, everyone.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    Congrats to Tonto and the other top placers! Well deserved!

Lots of great shots this round.
  • Options
    CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    Congrats to Tonto and the other top placers! Well deserved!

Lots of great shots this round.

I agree! thumb.gif
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Congrats Tonto - Great shot!
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2012
    Quite a few strong entries this time....and I want visit the gallery again in January when we're all frozen up outside! Congrats to the winners!