• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization About Me Gallery/Page

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Apr-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Pono Photo is offline Pono Photo OP
Big grins
About Me Gallery/Page
Ok, I have one more question to pose to everyone here. So I almost have everything there, layout wise. Every one of my pages is "stretchy" except one. they all open up to the size of the browser window, and collapse down to one degree or another, all except my "About Me" page. I made that page with the HTML code I found on here, and it's great (though I still actually need to fill in the actual information...), but it's very small and narrow compared to all of my other pages.

So what I am looking for is how do I make that page expand or contract to fill the browser window like everything else on my site? I'm guessing it's going to be something like what Denise had me use to make my galleries spread out like they do now, but I could be really wrong there. Any help is appreciated greatly!!!

http://www.ponophoto.com/Other/About-Me/19368847_VFgtzB

Oh, and also trying to figure out why those extra numbers etc are at the end of the URL. Does it have to do with the image on the page?

Pono Photo
Old May-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Big grins
No luck figuring this one out on my own so far. I even made the mistake at one point of altering the HTML code on the page and checked it out. That's when I saw that the edit button was now gone! Luckily I was able to fix it in the page settings with the caption edit in there. I was thinking I had to toss the page all together and start over. Anyone out there have an idea of how to make this work? Anyone?

Pono Photo
Old May-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Smug Eric is offline Smug Eric
Smug Hero
It's showing like that because the Journal ( Old ) gallery style is not designed to stretch. Since you are just using the gallery description you can switch to a SmugMug style gallery and it should stretch properly.
Old May-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Big grins
Oh my god! You have just saved me from even more hours of doing completely random and stupid things in an attempt to make this work! I've been messing with this for days! Trying all kinds of crap to get it to work! AAAAARRRGGHH!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Get yourself out to Kauai sometime and I will be your tour guide and get you a free place to stay and buy you drinks and be your slave for the whole trip! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Pono Photo
Old May-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Smug Eric is offline Smug Eric
Smug Hero
/me checks out prices for a trip to Kauai

Glad to help, especially with some of the silly things you don't even think to look at unless you've been fighting with our system as often as me and the other helpers here have to
Tell The World!